☆7☆ success & goodbyes

Start from the beginning

The next day (afternoon)

"Let the court proceedings begin." Said an old man who was the judge.

He looked like the principled and no nonsense keen man with his shinny bald patch and scattered little grey hair.

"Your honour." Mr. Lorenzo's lawyer started.

"My client says and is most certainly sure that Liam Grande Black was also part of the illegal drug transactions and-"

"Pardon me, your honour." I said cutting him off.

"He is telling us what we already know. He is clearly wasting everyone's time. Let him speak with evidence your honour." I said.

"Your honour, allow me call Mr. Lorenzo to the witness box. " His lawyer said.

"I promise to speak only the complete truth." Lorenzo oathed.

"Was Mr. Liam Grande Black part of your transactions? " His lawyer asked.

"Yes, he was." Lorenzo answered.

This man clearly has no shame. He only framed Liam because Ryxel refused to do business with him. How could Ryxel do so anyway? He is so careless that he got caught. And now he stands before the judge and tells lies.

"Your honour, Mr. Lorenzo Saville is shamelessly deceiving the court. He thinks the court is a waste of time." I said.

"Justice Kane, put forth evidence to back up what you just said." Said the judge.

"Yes, your honour."

"Allow me your honour to call Mr.Andrew Tyne to the witness box." I said looking at where Liam sat in a wheelchair next to Ryxel who was red with anger and the Andrew who was the inspector-in-charge yesterday. He was also the one guarding Liam today for in the law's eyes Liam is a criminal.

"Inspector, please hand over my client's statement to the judge."

Andrew had a file that contained Liam's case. From the missing case to the statement. He gave it to the judge.

"Your honour allow me call my client to justify his statement."

"Yes, you may."

Liam was brought forward and he said just like I had told him to yesterday. But Liam talked with pain visible in his tone and I saw the judge's face turn to a hurt one. I also think I saw a tear escape his eye. That is how good Liam was at acting.

"He is lying." Lorenzo roared.

"That little brute is lying." Lorenzo shouted pointing at Liam.

"Order! Order in the court!"

The courtroom became silent again.

"Your honour?" Lorenzo's lawyer called.

"My client was the leader of the transaction. He surely knows who worked for him and who did not. And how could he attack him yet he has been behind bars this whole time?"

I saw the judge nod in approval of the other lawyers point and I realised I had forgotten something as important as that.

"Your honour?" Someone called.

Ryxel?

From behind. He was not in his seat next to Liam. On addition to that he was holding a man with blood oozing out of his nose.

"Sir, if you want to say anything. Come to the witness box." Said the judge.

"No, your honour. I want to talk to my lawyer." Ryxel replied.