Sešpatsmit

Niall rubbed at his eyes as it looked like Zayn's carriage drove away from Styles Manor. For a second he felt pain and longing for the raven haired man. He was nice and caring towards him, but Niall was weird at relationships. He was sick and tired of nice and protected. He wanted to feel strength and dominance and that's what Mr Styles was giving him.

"It's good to be back in the stables, is it not?" Alexander's voice startled Niall as he was combing Spirits mane and looking at the distance where Zayn's carriage left.

"Oh my lord, you scared me, Alexander!" Niall chuckled and returned to his previous work.

"What caught your attention there? Was it the pharmacy boy Malik?" Alexander sat on one of the hay stacks as he twirled a piece of hay between his teeth.

"What are you talking about?" Niall felt hot and cold shivers go through his body, it was very prominent that Alexander knew everybody's business and Niall couldn't let him know about his dirty laundry.

"You know what I am talking about, young Niall." Alexander laughed in a nice manner and got up from his position to come closer to Niall; with a quite whisper he spoke to the young stable boy. "You ought to be more careful, boy. Mrs Amelia can be very vicious and she is on to whatever you and Mr Styles are doing. Just be careful, I really like your company. Wouldn't like for it to be gone."

With a sad smile Alexander patted Niall's shoulder and returned to other horses that needed to be fed and brushed. While Niall stood there frozen; his heart beating uncontrollably slow; a ringing in his ears and a shiver going through his body.

The next few hours felt like forever. Niall's poor heart must have overthought every possible scenario for his and Mr Styles future together; and unfortunately almost nothing ended well. At least for Niall.

So Niall gathered all his courage and waited for Mr Styles in stables that evening. He always came to check on his horse and Niall found that as a possibility to talk with his love about what their future has for them. Niall knew that his chances were little, but he still hoped that maybe Mr Styles would someday choose him over his wife.

Niall sat on a old stool and waited until moon was high in the night sky, but Mr Styles wasn't coming. Niall started to feel slight shivers from the crisp air that was becoming quite chilly at the middle of September. When Niall was ready to go back to his cottage he heard a loud cough and turned towards the entrance.

"H-Hello. How may I help you, sir?" Niall stood up and bowed in front of Mr Warner.

"I have a serious conversation with you, peasant." Niall's eyes shoot up with tears glistening in them; he knew that he was nothing more then a mere worker at Styles Manor, but that didn't make him any less of a human.

"Yes, sir." Niall pushed aside his tears and stood up straight; not daring to look anywhere else but in Mr Warner's eyes.

"Do you think that I am stupid, boy?" He asked in a stern voice and Niall shook his head 'no'.

"Has somebody cut your tongue off. You shall use your words when you are spoken to." That was a request that his master had asked him too, but there was a big difference between these both requests.

"No. In no means I think that you are stupid, sir." Niall said quietly and started to plan his funeral, because he won't survive this embarrassment.

"Do you think that my daughter is a fool?" Mr Warren asked again. This time even more angrier.

"No, sir. I do not think that way of your daughter." He did think different thoughts of her, but they were all buried deep in his subconsciousness.