VISION

~New~

I could see the bright lights ahead. No matter how hard I tried, the brakes wouldn't work. I tried manoeuvring the car away but nothing seemed to work.

I heard him shout "Chub!!!!!!! We won't make it!!!!! We won't make it!!!!!"

The defeaning sound of the crash and the sudden scream for help almost froze the blood in my veins. I had never felt fear this close. "Kay......" I tried to scream but my vocal chords betrayed me.

I could hear a knock somewhere "Are you alright?"

I extended my arm towards that voice but then it all went blank.

***********

"Newwie!! Newwie!!" Someone was calling my name. I opened my eyes slowly only to see Mek's face hovering above my head.

My whole t-shirt was drenched with sweat. I stared at him blankly for a minute before realising that I was in his bed....in his apartment. How did I come here?

I tried to sit up but my head started spinning. I lay back again shutting my eyes tightly.

It had all felt so real........

"Another nightmare?" Mek's voice was soft as I felt his hand on my arm. His hand was freezing cold.

I nodded not trusting myself to speak. My eyes were burning and mouth felt dry. I could hear a buzzing sound in my ears.

I didn't want him around me now. I didn't want to see anyone. Why couldn't they just leave me alone?

"New?"

"Mek please......can we not talk. My head is hurting...." I almost whispered feeling breathless.

"Here take this." He pressed a glass in my hand. I clutched the glass and gulped the contents down hastily. It was sweet......sour.....

I rolled my tongue inside my mouth trying to get rid of the weird taste.

"It's honey- lemon water.....not poison. Don't make a face like that....."

"Of course it's not poison......you wouldn't let me die so peacefully....will you?"

He grabbed my arms and glared at me angrily. "Stop saying such things....will you? Look at yourself for once!!! Do you think it's so easy to just die??? Will it bring him back?? Kay is dead New!!! But you are alive. You have to live. Have you ever thought what will happen to your mother after you?? What about Win??? Don't you have any kind of responsibility towards him???"

Win........

I sighed remembering the face of Kay's dear little brother.

"I can't do it Mek...I can't do it." I couldn't help the sob escape my lips.

"He has no one else left New. After Kay....."

"Win despises me.... Every time he looks at me I can almost see the hatred and accusations in his eyes.....I am the guy who got his brother killed."

"No matter what he feels. That is Kay's wish. You are Win's legal guardian now. You have to....."

"Mek..... please......" I cut him off.

I pressed my fingers on my temples as the headache became unbearable.

"Can't you just help me get rid of these nightmares? It's like I re-live that moment every single day......."

Honestly, I didn't even need to close my eyes to remember that night. I never came out of it. The image of Kay's bloodied face staring at me helplessly, as he whispered "take care of Win, Chub" before releasing his last breath was etched in my brain.