Huffing, I take off my pack and lean against the wall, sliding down so that I am seated comfortably.

I scan the crowd again, making eye contact with a fuchsia-haired male.

He's wearing an outfit reminiscent of a clown or jester, complete with star/teardrop painted cheeks.

He's actually quite hot.

Yellow eyes pierce my own before I break the link, turning my head away from the tall stranger.

I wrap my tail around so it sits on my lap, my ears picking up all the chatter around me.

Hopefully the Exam starts soon or I'll die of boredom.

My eyes flicker shut as my exhaustion catches up with me. I'm not exactly following a rigid sleep schedule, after all. So, I sleep whenever I can.

•••

Slowly, my ear twitches as I wake up. Something's different...

There are way more people here than before, around three hundred. The tense atmosphere hasn't changed a bit, though.

Groaning, I stretch out my legs and arms, startled when I accidentally smack someone's chest.

Eyes wide, I take in the appearance of a scary man. He has a blue mohawk, red eyes, and large golden pins sticking in his face.

Are those things painful?

"Sorry! Didn't realize you were there. I'm Y/n!"

A clicking noise sounds as he turns his head to look at me. In a distorted sort of voice, he introduces himself, "Gittarackur."

"Nice to meet you!"

Silence overtakes is both as I struggle to think of conversation starters. I eventually give up and try to think about how I might know him.

He smells familiar. Like mint and disinfectant, or something...

As I think, I tug off my hoodie and shove it in my backpack. There's not a lot in my pack, just an extra set of clothes, some weapons, a water bottle, and food.

My stomach rumbles, alerting me to my hunger. Laughing at the noise, I take out some beef jerky and dig in. I look towards Gittarackur, "Want some?"

He eyes it and then shakes his head.

"Your loss," I shrug and finish off the few strips of meat.

I look around for a garbage can and wouldn't you know it's on the other side of the bunker.

Heaving a sigh, I stand and shoulder my backpack, "See ya, Gittarackur."

I feel his eyes on me as I walk through the thick crowd, determined to avoid bumping into anyone.

Unfortunately, luck is never on my side.

Ramming into a solid foundation, I glance upwards to see a displeased man staring down at me. It's the jester looking dude.

"Ah, sorry," I say quickly, bowing my head. "I didn't mean to, it's just so crowded here, y'know. I promise it won't happen again!"

His stone-cold look fades into an easy grin, "It's alright~"

"I'm Y/n!" I recover from my embarrassment, looking up at him again.

"I'm Hisoka."

"Nice to meet you! Gotta say I'm loving the look! Your face paint is great!" I smile with closed eyes before remembering my mission.

"I saw you hit that man," he says before I can sneak past.

I tilt my head before I remember the incident with Tonpa, "Oh, I almost forgot. Sorry if it disturbed you, it's just, he was trying to poison me."

My ears sink low as I recall Tonpa's underhanded deed.

Hisoka smiles, "It didn't bother me, I was impressed. Good job, little puppy~"

He pats my head, avoiding my soft ears.

I frown thoughtfully, "I'm not a- oh is that a nickname?"

My frown blooms into a smile, "I've never had a nickname before!"

He chuckles, removing his hand from my head. I think for a moment, "I'll come up with a nickname for you too!"

"If you want~"

After a moment, I mumble, "Hmm, Hiso-kun? How about that?"

"Sure, pup."

"Alright, Hiso-kun! I will see you later!"

Slipping past other examinees, I toss my trash away and start walking back to my spot. On the way there, I see Hanzo standing by himself.

"Hey, Hanzo!" I greet, "You made it!"

He narrows his eyes, trying to figure out how he knows me.

"Y/n?"

"Yup, that's me! I decided to join the Exam after you told me about it!"

"Really? Why?"

I tilt my head, "Why not?"

He stares at me in disbelief before I say farewell and go back to sitting down and watching new people walk in.

•••

Now there are four hundred or so examinees, and I'm bored out of my mind.

Three new people stumble in, commenting on the intense atmosphere of the room as everyone stares at them.

I observe them.

A boy with spiky hair and a green outfit, a taller man with glasses and a suit, and a blond with a blue tabard and a red earring.

Interesting looking characters. The boy seems chipper.

I growl as Tonpa makes his way to the newcomers, certainly about to try to trick them into drinking his tainted sodas.

My mouth curves into a smile as I watch them spit out their drinks, foiling Tonpa's plans.

They're smart enough to know the drinks were poisoned.

I keep watching, but my attention is turned elsewhere as a man screams out in agony.

Flower petals flutter through the air as the man's arms disappear. I watch with great interest, curious as to what happened.

"When you bump into someone, you really should apologize," Hisoka states, sending a smirk your way

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"When you bump into someone, you really should apologize," Hisoka states, sending a smirk your way.

I mean, can't argue with that logic.

Smiling back at Hisoka, I notice Gittarackur staring at the clown as well.

"He's powerful," I note.

"Indeed," answers the odd voice belonging to the odd man.

Humming, I lean back again, awaiting the First Phase of the Exam.

Hunter x Hunter (X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें