Broken Promises

IwaOi angst because I can-

Oikawa stared at his phone, tears falling from his eyes. How could he do this to me? He thought. His phone screen shown a messenger full of pictures. It was from an unknown number, but that wasn't important. At least not right now. The images were the problem. Iwaizumi was making out with a girl. Someone that wasn't Oikawa.

"Iwa-chan... How could you?" Oikawa spoke to no one in particular, his voice cracking. He looked at the promise ring as loud sobs rang out through the room. Oikawa's mother knocked softly on the door. Shit... Did I wake her up? Oikawa worried.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?" Oikawa's mother spoke softly, extremely worried about her son. Oikawa got up from his bed and opened his door slowly, tears running down his face.

"Oikawa..." His mother hugged him quickly.

"M-mom.." Oikawa sobbed as he hugged back, thankful to feel the love of his mom.

"Sweetie... Would you like some milkbread, then we can talk in the living room?" Oikawa nodded.

"Okay. Just calm down then come on out," Oikawa's mom let go and went to the kitchen. Oikawa started to slow his breathing and calmed down. He was used to having to calm down quickly, so it became like a second nature. He walked into the living room to see his mom with a plate of milkbread and two cups of tea. The two of them sat down as she wrapped a blanket over Oikawa.

"Now tell me, what happened?" Oikawa's mom asked.

"Uhm..." Oikawa sniffled, "Iwa... He.."

"He what, sweetie?" All of a sudden, Oikawa burst into tears as he hugged his loving mother. She of course hugged back. Oikawa couldn't say it so he just grabbed his phone and showed his mother the images. The damned images of Iwaizumi kissing some random girl. Oikawa's mother was infuriated. Her blood boiled hotter than the kettle that burned Shoto's face. (Ik you get this reference.)

"He did what!?!" She shouted. Quickly, she grabbed her own phone and dialed Iwaizumi's mother.

"Wait! Mom it's okay! I'll talk to Iwa-chan!" Oikawa tried to stop her from calling but to no avail. Oikawa sat and looked as his mother shouted into the phone. She always gets like this when I get hurt... Oikawa smiled a bit at his mom's protectiveness. Though it can get a bit annoying, he silently giggled.

"I know it's 2 in the morning, but this concerns both of our sons!" Oikawa's mom had calmed down a bit, but still talked rather loudly.

"Wait, you're coming over!?" She asked, a surprised expression painting her face.

"They're what!?!" Oikawa shot up.

"Wait-" A small noice was heard as the person on the other side hung up.

"They're coming over!?" Oikawa was not prepared for this! His mother nodded so he ran to his room and quickly locked the door. He couldn't face Iwa. He wasn't ready! Oikawa leaned against the door, sliding down it and curling into a ball. He stayed like that for about 5 or 6 minutes until he heard the doorbell ring through the house. Shit they're here! Oikawa panicked as he shot up.

"You can do this. You can do this! You are a bad bitch! You got this! You don't need a man!" Oikawa hyped himself up as he wiped any excess tears and nonchalantly walked out of his room.

"Hey Iwa-chan!" Oikawa smiled as he saw Hajime.

"Shut up, Shittykawa." Iwa rolled his eyes. Oikawa's mother growled.

"You think you have a right to call my son that after what you did!? How DARE YOU!!" Iwaizumi was surprised. He's never seen Oikawa's mom this mad.

"What did he do!?" Iwa's mom defended her son.

"He cheated on my Toru!" Oikawa froze as Hajime looked at him with wide eyes. So he saw the pictures, Iwaizumi thought.

"Oikawa..." Oikawa looked away from Iwa-chan's stare.

"I'll be in my room," Toru smiled.

"Wait, Oikawa!" Toru ignored Hajime's calls and walked to hsi room, closing the door. Hajime followed a bit after.

"Toru? Can I come in?" Iwa asked, worried about his childhood friend.

"Of course, Iwa-chan!" Toru sat on his bed, looking at the same pictures from before. The ones that shattered his heart into a million pieces. Iwaizumi walked in then walked over to Oikawa.

"Toru, I'm sorry... I really am! I was having a rough ni-" Iwa started to explain. Oikawa got up, making Iwaizumi pause for a second, then his heart shattered as he watched Oikawa place the promise ring in his hand.

"I was drunk, it didn't mean anything! Please Oikawa! I'll be nicer! A-and I'll take you on more dates! Just please!" Iwa was desperate to get Oikawa back. It's true, the kiss meant nothing. He felt so much regret and guilt... He didn't want to lose Oikawa, he didn't want to be the reason why Oikawa was in pain.

"We should take a break..." Iwa's heart broke. So did Oikawa's. Both men had tears welling up in their eyes.

"W-what...?" Iwa's voice was broken. It pained him to breathe. It pained him to see Oikawa like this. Toru didn't want to lose Hajime, because not matter what, Toru still loves him. And Hajime loved Toru too much to lose him. True it might not be obvious, but he does love the setter.

"You heard me..." Toru went back to his bed, "Now get out... I don't want to see you right now."

Iwa smiled softly, "I'll wait as long as you need me to..."

Toru saw the sincerity in Iwa's eyes. Neither boys wanted Hajime to leave.

"Hajime!" Iwa-chan's mom yelled for the teen, "Get your ass in here!"

Iwaizumi walked to his mother.

"Goodnight, Oikawa-san." Hajime's mother said her goodbyes to Oikawa's mother. As soon as the two got outside, Oikawa ran to the window, watching as the two walk to the car. But what happened next made his face twist into horror. Hajime's mother just shoved him to the ground....

"Iwa-chan..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1016

Heyo! How are you? I know I don't have much of a reader base, but I know I'll get there one day. Again, please be sure to PM me your requests. Anything and everything is accepted, and of course rare pairs are ALWAYS accepted! Cya next chapter!

-Author~Sama