Chapter 8

Harry

I was a long lost case, I was the person who held its guard up, constantly. My past was dark and my future was blurry. I was aware of the fact that I kept letting Carly down, each and every time she asked me questions associated to my past I wanted to open up. I wanted to tell her, every single detail. She was the only one who deserved to hear what had happened to her mother and I, she deserved to know what had happened to us. At the same time I wanted to punch my fist against a wall every time the questions left her plump lips. My words kept hurting her and it was my fault that she knew nothing about who she was. I was capable of changing that, I was the only person. But the fear of her finding her mother kept me from telling her, everything.

When I opened my eyes I groaned loudly, the pounding headache slapped me back into reality. As I approached the kitchen I saw the remains of the bottle scattered across the floor, in a million pieces. The flashbacks of the previous night made me bite my lip, hard. Fucking hell. I was wasted, too wasted and she tried to help me. Worry and anger were evident in her eyes. I took a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts. I was a mess and I fucked it up, quiet a bit. It took me ages till I finally reached her bedroom, I was hoping that she was there in her kingsized bed. She had to be there. As I opened the door I saw the neatly made bed but no trace of her. I wanted to call her, but I knew that she wouldn't answer. She was a miniature of Olivia, her mother. When I messed it up, Olivia would ignore my calls until I finally made it up. The difference was that I never made it up to Carly, I simply showed up, scolded her and then we went back to ignoring each other. It was our lifestyle by now. For some odd reason Emilia came to my mind. Lately she had spent some time with Carly and it was probably the only place that Carly would voluntarily go to. Emilia, last time I'd seen her, I yelled at her, damn I even insulted her. I didn't regret it, not at all. But knowing that Carly was probably crying her eyes out to Emilia made my heart soften, a little. I quickly pulled out my phone out of the grey joggers that I was wearing, searching for Emilia's number until I finally found it. I pressed the "call" button in less than a second, I was expecting her to answer. She had to answer. Otherwise she would be fired immediately. The darker side of overtook the soft side, as usual.
"Mr Styles?" her voice was slightly shaking as she answered the call.
"Is Carly there?" I asked, biting my lip. Praying to God that she was there.
"Uhm" I knew that she was trying to come up with a lie.
"Don't bother lying. I will figure it out anyway and by the time-" she interrupted me.
"She's here. She's been crying for hours, don't you dare yell at her. Or even worse, hurt her more" she lectured me. A wave of guilt washed over my body, I sighed.
"I'll be there in twenty minutes" I stated while taking a cab to Emilia's apartment. The alcohol was still in my system and I didn't have the patience to fight with police officers, not today.

Emilia opened the door to her small apartment, her brown hair was tied into a messy bun on top of her head. Her soft voice greeted me and to my surprise I gave her a smile.
"She's sleeping, would you want a cup of tea?" she asked me, the smile I had given her  softened her face.
"Please" I replied, taking a seat in her sofa. Carly was asleep in Emilia's room and I didn't want to wake her up.
"I apologize for this mess I caused. I was supposed to make sure that Carly was fine" I said, as the words left my mouth I wanted to hit myself for saying it. Emilia was caught off guard, she placed a hand on my shoulder.
"She loves you Mr Styles. I wish you would open up to her" Emilia said.
"You can call me Harry" I said and added "She does, I love her as well. I fucked it up." Emilia's genle touch made my tensed muscles relax.
"She will forgive you, she's hurt at the moment." I smiled at her, for the encouraging words.
"I hope she forgives me. I really do." Carly cleared her throat.  My muscles tensed and my dark side took over my features. Fucking hell.

A/N: Hey babes! Thank you for reading! This chapter was a tad bit different since it was written out of Harry's point of view. I appreciate every single vote and comment. Next time I'm updating I expect at least 10 votes and 3 comments! Thank you❤️

A long lost case, described me pretty well. The person who held its guard up constantly