"Niggas always wanna come in and fuck your life up after you wanted nothing to do with them." She mumbled. Getting out of the car, she strutted into the high rise office building. Pressing the elevator button she waited for the doors to open before she stepped in and pressed 33.

Instead of continuing to dwell on Ryder and his fucked up ways, she focused on the task at hand; which was going in and showing these people why they picked the right person for the job.

"Hi, my name is Karsyn Miller, I'm here to see Mr. Reed." She informed the receptionist.

It was hard to miss the look of displeasure on the older woman's face. Instead of greeting her she slid her the sign in sheet and continued to do whatever she was doing on her computer.

"Wow.." Karsyn was disappointed with the customer service but she refused to get out of character. Signing her John Hancock, she pettily knocked the clipboard down before finding a seat.

Karsyn bounced from app to app, trying to fight the urge to text DJ so she could talk to Ryder. As pressed as she tried to not to seem, she was as pressed as a panini. It wasn't even about him eating her pussy until the sun came up, it was the fact that he was so adamant about becoming an important person in her life just to up and leave like their friendship she meant nothing. That's what hurt her the most. Karsyn cherished certain people in her life while putting them on high pedestals and she'd did just that with Ryder. So to say her feelings were hurt was an understatement.

"Ms. Miller?" Her name was called and she quickly locked her phone, sitting up from her slouching position.

It was him ... Onyx. She thought he looked good in his club attire but him in this suit was even better.

"Hi, please call me Karsyn." She stood and shook his hand.

A smirk graced his handsome face. "Lets go on back so we can talk."

Grabbing her purse, she followed him into an office. Shutting the door behind him, he instructed her to take a seat before making his way behind his desk.

She nervously shifted in her seat, declining as he offered her something to drink.

"You can relax, you got the position, if you want it."

A laugh escaped her lips. "Oh, I know. I'm young and fairly new to the designing industry but I know my work and since you offered me this job without a proper meeting, I'm sure you know how beneficial I can be to your company. This is your company, right?"

She knew all about Reed Properties and Investments. It was a well known agency in the city, their signs were everywhere.

"Technically, it's my fathers company but you can say that. I like you though and I admire your work. Everyone knows that a model home gives a good first impression, I've had people wanting to buy just because of how nicely the model home is decorated. I think you'd be a good asset here."

Karsyn understood exactly what he was saying, she remembered going to see houses with her parents and falling in love with the model homes. One time she'd even asked the agent if they could move into the house as is.

"Great, we're on the same page."

Folding his hands on the desk, he let out a snicker. "How old are you Karsyn? If you don't mind me asking."