9

"why did you call me out so late?"

jia appeared to have a extra large purple hoodie that can go down to her knees with her unicorn pajama pants on and adidas slippers with her green beanie, covering up her messy and soaked hair.

sunghoon just came back from ice skating practice so he appeared to have a white turtle neck with his black sweater over it and a black leather jacket with his sweatpants and his book bag over that had his skates on.

sunghoon chuckled at the sleepy jia who yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"are you gonna tell me?" jia asked again because sunghoon didn't answer her.

"i brought an extra strawberry milk." sunghoon took out a strawberry milk that came from his jacket pockets and showed a banana milk for him to drink.

jia sighed and grabbed the milk from sunghoon. "is that reason why you called me?" jia asked while stabbing the pint of milk with a straw while sunghoon simply nodded.

"i don't wanna go home yet either.. my parents are kinda mad at me at the moment." sunghoon responded, shyly embarrassed while pouting his lips.

jia nodded while sipping on the milk, lazy to reply with words. walking first, she lead the way to the bench of the playground as sunghoon followed behind her and sat.

as they sat down in the bench without talking, jia wanted to break the silence.

jia paused her drink, moved her head upward and looked at the stars. "woah i didn't know the starts were that bright..." jia awe in amaze at the twinkling stars.

sunghoon looked at jia, staring at the stars like a child, smiled, and then looked up.

"i hope that i can be the brightest star out there too." sunghoon said, sighing. jia looked at him. "what do you mean?"

"you know.." sunghoon kept staring at the sky as jia looked at him to finish his sentence. "i just hope i can make my parents proud with the skills i have."

jia smiled and scooted a bit closer and looked at the stars with him. "and you are."

sunghoon then looked at jia with a questionable expression.

"you are the brightest star out there. achieving what you love makes you the brightest star out there." jia smiled sweetly at sunghoon.

sunghoon didn't know if it was him or it was jia's smile but somehow it warmed his heart. those lines that touched him, it felt like his heart was getting more fizzy. it felt like sunghoon was staring to feel more comfortable with her.

"it's late now so let's go—" as jia completely finished her milk she suggested going home. as she stood up from the bench, she felt like someone holding her wrist to stop— and it was sunghoon.

jia gave an alerted look to sunghoon and realized what he was doing. "not yet. just stay here. with me for a while."

jia gulped and widened her eyes a bit at those words, surprised to hear it suddenly. sunghoon gave a pleaded look to persuade jia.

jia just awkwardly nodded and sat next to him.

sunghoon suggested something. he took out his ear buds and gave one to jia, asking to her to listen to some music with him. she nodded and placed it in her ear.

as the music started playing for the both of them, jia's eyes instantly became shut down from the dreamy and soft melody she heard.

sunghoon felt something leaning onto his shoulder.
involuntarily, jia's head leaned onto sunghoon's shoulder sleeping.

sunghoon giggled, blushing at jia as she lightly snored.

sunghoon smiled and scooted closer to jia, hands around her shoulder, patting to the beat.

but somehow, jia's heart also pounded.