7

"who was that?"

"you scared me—"

jia slid in the ground after being scared by her sudden brother's voice. her brother, park jongseong or jay, was holding a pillow, eyeballing the girl right in front of her.

jia rolled her eyes as she took off her shoes and locked the door. "who's who?"

"that boy on the entrance!" jay projected his voice. jia looked at him like he was some maniac.

"how did you even see him?" jia asked. jay rolled his eyes.

"i wanted to get some fresh, natural air so i opened the patio window and i saw you and some boy together so i closed the window, vomited and here we are!" jay dramatically explained to jia who looked unbothered and was eating the left over chicken jay ate on the table.

"calm down mister. he's just a friend—"

"FRIEND?" jia jumped from the sudden loud voice of jay. "what type of fRieNd gives you strawberry milk- YOUR FAVORITE?" and there goes protective jay of his sister.

"i don't know?? a best friend?" jia argued back, still eating the chicken. jay mocked jia's response and head over the table.

jia paused her eating, looking at jay with a questionable expression.

"he doesn't look like jake."

jia coughed. "why bring jake all of a sudden?" jay eyeballed the girl. she clearly looked uncomfortable when her brother kept squinting at her. "the fuck do you want? this chicken—"

"what's his name?" jay interrupted her. jia raised an eyebrow to the sudden question. "why?"

"i need basic information of this dude because he can talk to my sister."

jia sighed, half annoyed at her brother provoking her business but then again she remembered that he's protective.

"sunghoon. park sunghoon. that dude that lives—" jay gasped dramatically which interrupted jia again. she rolled her eyes and slapped the table for interrupting her.

"i know him!"

jia widened her eyes. "know him? how?" she didn't expect jay to know about sunghoon.

"he's actually my friend...we met at the skating park across the street. considering how close you guys are.." jay bit his lip and went to the table to face jia with the plushie pillow hugging him.

"do you like him?"

jia coughed at his words. "no! never! we're just friends! geez!" jay gave a disappointed expression to the lame response.

"whatever, if you keep hanging out with him, i don't know if jake would be the love of you lif—" as jay blurted out those words like it meant nothing, jia grabbed her chopsticks, stabbed the largest chicken wing she could find, and stuffed it in jay's mouth.

"shut up?" jia suggested as jay was munching at the chicken in his stuffed mouth.

jia rolled her eyes and went towards her room with her backpack.

as she threw herself in her desk chair she remembered if jake gave the answers to her or not.

she panically went to her book bag which was thrown on the bed the moment she stepped in to her room.

she opened the algebra notebook and her heart suddenly melted at what she saw.

she knew it was jake's handwriting. his neatness of writing the big formulas without any messiness and the answers written for her. she smiled. she felt like she was on cloud 9.

she then saw the post-it-note on the corner of her notebook.

"get more rest sweet cheeks.....?" she read it off and the best part of it was that it was in a peach post-it-note.

her heart was beating fast. she decided to paste it on her desk shelf.

as she pasted it on her desk shelf, she received a notification from her phone.

hoonie 💙
did you enter your
home safely?