The One Where Dream Figures It Out

Start from the beginning

"They only need the one person," Velvet replied. "Sorry, bud."

Sapnap frowned and sat down, staring at Dream's back as he left.

-----

"Hey, where are we going?" Dream asked the lady who had stolen him from the cafeteria.

"To the office. You need to be registered as "Looking for partner"."

"Oh." Dream stared down at the rose in his palms. It fluttered slightly as they walked, the air passing by the delicate petals that decorated the blossom.

"We're here," the woman turned back and smiled at him. "The secretary will give you the directions from here. Have a great day, Clay!"

As she walked away, he thought heard her chuckle at the rhyme that she'd made. It was quiet, so he wasn't sure. It didn't matter, though, as the looming fear of what was to come was growing as he entered the office.

The secretary looked up from the computer as Dream walked in.

"Hi," Dream greeted awkwardly.

"Hi, what're ya here for?"

"Uh-" Dream held up the flower. "First flower."

"Ah," the secretary clicked through her computer, then typed something in. "Name and exact birth time, please."

"Clay Taken, 11:57:34 am."

The secretary typed the information in. "Can I see your flower for a moment?"

"Sure." Dream set the rose into the secretary's hands, and watched as she carefully examined it.

"Rose, so male." She laid it on the table and opened a drawer to her right- Dream's left- and rummaged through before pulling out a blue color pallette. Y'know, those fans of paper with the squares of color hues on them.

"Alrighty, let's see here..." she flipped through six of the pages before stopping. She held the page up to the flower. "Yep, that's the color, alright."

Dream perked up. "What color is it?"

The secretary looked up at him without moving her head. "It's blue."

Dream let out a short chuckle. It was a little shaky, as he was still a little anxious, and was relieved when the secretary chuckled as well.

"Nah, it's delft blue."

"Oh." Dream wasn't sure what else to say.

"Alright, I got the information in. What's your favorite color and gender?"

"Male, and, uh, chamrock green."

The secretary typed his answer into... well, whatever she was typing on.

"Hm. It looks like nobody here matches with your information."

Dream's face fell. So he didn't know who it was?

Wait. That was a good thing. If he didn't know the soulmate, that would give him more time to focus on his studies. But then again, if he didn't find his soulmate, he'd die within two years of today. Plus, studying is probably a lot easier when youre not constantly coughing up flowers.

Dream sighed in defeat.

"We can send your information to different schools every month. Your soulmate could not have turned 16 yet, which is a likely possibility."

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Alright. I'll contact the principal and ask him to send out an email to all the nearby schools regarding your soulmate."