Lecture Four

Mulai dari awal

Ace knew better than anyone my abilities in a fight. My mom and dad had me start to learn everything possible to defend myself from I was three years old. All of us Kennedy siblings have learnt to fight but me and Reagan were the two that went further than just learning how to defend ourselves.  

My family was always going to come with threats and I always wanted to make sure I was ready for what ever threat would come my way. After all I was going to follow my moms path and her empire. 

No I wanted to follow my dads, which meant I needed to be just as good as my older brother if not better. 

Taking my stance I pointed out to them. "Come on then, come and catch me." 

Two of the men shifted uncomfortably between which the younger one grinned at me and stepped forward. Taking off his jacket he past it to one of the men and stretched out his muscles. He didn't have any tattoos, well known that I could see anyway but I had to admit he was handsome. With his deep brown eyes and tanned skin he could probably have went down a very different career path if it wasn't for the life that we were all involved in. 

"Ah." Grinning I looked over his shoulder to the two men behind him. "You aren't fighters are you, just the messengers." 

Dropping my guard slightly I wanted to trick the man in front of me to attack first. It was a move I had learnt a long time ago. Just because I was a girl they normally thought that I was all talk and no action. 

"Heath." Called out one of the men to the one who stood in front of me. He was looking more and more uncomfortable by the second with the situation. "Grab her and lets get out of here." 

Scoffing at his words I flipped my attention to Heath as he swung a fist out to my face. Using his own force against him I easily pushed his arm to the side throwing his body weight off balance. Not moving from my spot I watched him take a step forward at my side to gather his footing in amusement. 

He looked completely shell shocked at what had just happened and I couldn't blame him, I've watched a lot of people be surprised by what I can do. 

"Don't you know you should never hit a girl." 

Surprisingly Heath straightened up clearly getting over his shock he let out a chuckle of amusement. Walking behind me I could hear him cracking his neck but I didn't bother turning around letting my senses do the work for me. My lips turned into a grin as I kept my eyes on the other two men who stood not that far away. 

Fighting with guys was in my second nature. I grew up with Reagan Kennedy as my older brother and having a twin brother of my own too. Never mind also having the Knight siblings around me constantly with their mom Kate. I had learnt a long time ago how to turn a mans power against them. It also helped that River was also my main sparing partner. 

Just as Heath went to reach for me a voice rang throughout the gym room. 

"What the fuck is going on." 

The two men sharply turned around on their heel to come face to face with Ezra and River Knight. Ezra sized up the two men but otherwise looked unbothered by their presence as he walked around them to go and stand beside Ace. The both of them looked like they were ready for a show but I wasn't planning on dragging this out now that River was here. 

River's face always told me everything I needed to know and right now he was livid. He knew I could handle myself and his problem wasn't because of the situation I was in. No it was because he wasn't here to deal with this shit himself. 

After all he's going to become my older brothers right hand. 

River was going to be the one to deal with the dirty side of our world just like his own father Zane Kennedy was doing for mine right now.  

Heath most have thought I was distracted because he reached out and tried to wrap his arm around me but he was to slow. Grabbing his arm I flipped around and locked his arm behind his back and I heard him groan in pain. There was no way of hiding the satisfaction on my face as I heard the sound knowing that I was in complete control of the situation. Kicking the back of his knees I watched him fall to the ground as his legs buckled. 

Crouching down behind him I brought my lips closer to his ear so that only the two of us could hear. "I don't know what the fuck you lot want with me but I'm going to guess this has something to do with my father. So let me give you a piece of advice." Tightening my grip on his arm I pulled it tighter across his back making him hiss in pain. If I pulled slightly more I would dislocate his arm. "The next time you come after me make sure you bring an army because otherwise you'll never win against me."