"Amelia, I'm gonna distract it and you run to the door."

"What!? I'm not leaving you, you idiot," she whispered. "It's gonna kill you."

"Amy, please..."

The thing was running, knocking some shelves and making the DVD boxes fall on top of their heads.

"Jackson, stay here," she said. "I'll distract it, you run."

"What? You said you didn't want to do that."

"Yeah, but I can—"

They were interrupted by the sound of another shelf falling, they both hugged each other in fear, hearing as the wolf got closer.

"That's a scary mountain lion," whispered the guy.

"If you only knew," said the girl to herself. "Let's just... let's both run."

The heard as the one of the shelves fell, pushing the others like it was a domino effect. Jackson was quick to push the girl away, him getting trapped waist down between the shelf and the floor.

"Run," he whispered as she stood up, hiding behind a wall. She grabbed the crossbow from her bag and placed an arrow on it, waiting for the wolf.

She could smell it, he smelled different than Scott or Derek. She could smell anger, hunger and passion. Didn't know how she could smell that.

But then... she noticed he was confused as he approached the wall where she was hiding. She could hear it smelling.

Maybe she had a scent, like she could identify werewolves, he could identify her.

"Sealgair..." she heard a whisper that made her tremble, scare her even.

She had never been more scared.

She was about to leave her hiding spot and shoot the beast when she noticed that it didn't hurt Jackson, that it was gone.

The girl put down the crossbow and approached the lacrosse player, lifting up the shelves with all the strength she had and letting him free.

"You okay? Did it hurt you?" He asked her. She noticed how he was panicking, his breathing was quick and his pulse was accelerated.

"No, I'm fine. You?"

"I'll be okay..." she lied.

She never wanted to feel that scared again.

• • •

She saw as the Sheriff's car pulled up in front of the video store from the ambulance, and she was glad to see Stiles's dad getting out of it.

Jackson was next to her while Lydia was next to him. They saw as the Sheriff approached them.

The paramedic was checking on her while Jackson started to argue with the Sheriff.

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine."

"Jackson," whispered Amelia, but he didn't listen to her.

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just want to make sure you don't have a concussion."

"What part of «I'm fine» are you having a problem grasping? Okay, I wanna go home!" He exclaimed. "Amelia is fine too, right?"

She was about to talk when the sheriff interrupted again.

"I understand, Jackson."

"No, you don't understand! Which kinda blows my mind since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop like you! Okay, now I wanna go home!"