Chapter 37

"Ok, I'm done." Kitten banged on the steel bathroom door in rhythm. One short, two long then another short again to let the guys on the other side know she was about to open it. "I'm coming out."

"About time." Dmitri noted, leaning against the wall that portioned off the shower room from the washroom, his shower kit under one arm. Kitten's grip tightened on her own bundle as she exited the door, eyeing him wearily. Without warning, he leaned over in one swift motion and licked her on the side of her face.

"Ew." She cringed, dropping her thing as she stepped aside too late for him to miss her and bumped into one of the boys trying to walk past to go shower. She ignored the stare from the boy, too focused on wiping her face. "You got me again."

"And ya still taste cleany good." Dmitri grinned, sticking his tongue and smacking his lips.

"Dmitri, there's no such word as cleany." Aleksei sighed, snapping the book in his hand shut. "Did you even study for your English test?"

"El no comprehendo, Senior." Dmitri replied with added enthusiasm as he popped out his chest proudly, making Kitten giggle.

When she noticed the annoyed look on Aleksei's face, she dropped to the floor and began grabbing her things, smiling to herself.

"Here."

"Huh?" She looked up and found Aleksei holding out her bottle of shampoo for her. A huge splot of it was now lying on the ground where it had landed. He seemed to notice this and place the bottle back on the ground. "Forget it."

Dmitri had picked up her toothbrush.

"Check it out." Dmitri thrust the object into Aleksei's cheek. "I'll fight ya text book knowledge."

"You're fighting me, you idiot." Aleksei growled. "Stop it."

"Nah. I'm protecting the princess."

"Fine." Aleksei leaned forward and grabbed Dmitri's toiletry bag, sticking his shampoo covered hand into it and tossing the shampoo from it to Kitten.

"Nyah." She lurched forward, dropping her things again as she caught it.

"Congrats Kitten, you have shampoo again."

"Hey!" Dmitri protested, sitting up. "That was no fun."

"We're on a time limit Dimi. We don't have time for fun." Aleksei reminded them. "Now hand back her toothbrush."

"Nah." Dmitri stuck the toothbrush in his mouth like a kid. "Mwine."

"Gimme that." Kitten pulled it out of his mouth and wiped it on her shirt. "Idiot. Now it smells like you."

"That makes it a second score." Dmitri did a victory sign before jumping up and running off with his gear before Aleksei could whip him with his towel.

"Give me strength." Aleksei shook his head before snapping his head towards Kitten. "And you shouldn't be encouraging him."

"I didn't do anything." Kitten protested. "It's not my fault he's a morning person."

"He's an every time person. Never mind morning." Aleksei's hand slipped over his mouth as he let out a sleepy growl. "Go on, hurry up and brush your teeth. We're getting behind schedule."

Kitten frowned slightly before grabbing Aleksei's hand and licking it.

"I win." She grinned, making a grab for her things and running off.

"KITTEN!" She heard Aleksei call after her. She didn't respond. She pushed her way into the crowd of boys lining up for the basins reserved for Meat-Bags. She stood frozen with her face down, her wet, loose hair hiding her features. She silently prayed the scent of the other Meat-bags around her would mask her hiding place.