Chapter 36 - Not insecure, simply worried!

Start from the beginning

"That's your fault! You have so many favourite dishes, I didn't know which ones to get." I said with a puppy face.

"So you got them all?"

"Not all! Otherwise they'd have to bring in like 10 trolleys of food." I replied.

"Your sense of humour is just something else!" He said sarcastically.

"Tum sai toh achaa hi hai." He replied as he started serving the food.

"I am starving! I haven't eaten all day."

"Paagal ho tum? Why haven't you eaten?" He said sternly.

"I got busy with work. I didn't get time." I said casually.

"Nandini, you give everyone lectures about eating the right food on time but you don't follow that yourself. What kind of a doctor are you?" He said irritatedly.

"Okay baba stop nagging! I'll eat on time from now on but please give me food. I will faint." I said dramatically.

"I won't give you the food." He exclaimed.

"What? Why?"

"I want to feed you." He said with a smirk.

"Seriously? You don't have to do that." I replied.

"I want to. Please will you let me feed you?" He asked with a pout.

"What a gentleman! Asking so politely. Of course you can! I'm lazy anyway, if someone feeds me I will happily let them." I said with a giggle.

"You're actually a kid!"

"Shut it VC! And feed me!" I demanded.

"I'm being such a gentleman and you're being so rude." He whined.

"Manik Malhotra, will you please do the honours of feeding me with your wonderful hands?" I said as I fluttered my eyelashes at him.

"Ewwwh, Tum rude hi theek ho!" He said as he placed a spoon of rice in my mouth.

"Told you!" I said as I chewed the yummy food.

"Stop talking with your mouth full!" He stated as he fed me another spoonful and I simply rolled my eyes at him.

The rest of the night was spent in feeding and teasing each other. It was a perfect end to a tiring day. He was stressed, I was stressed but being in each other's company relieved all our stress. I am so glad I met Manik. My life has completely changed after he entered. Why was I ever scared of falling in love? I guess Manik makes it easy to love. His personality, his caring nature, his humour, his passion for his career, and I guess his good looks too make it all the easier to love him even more.

2 weeks later:

Our memorable tour to New Zealand had finally come to an end. While India lost the series, this was still a very special trip for me. I received the love of my life in the form of Manik, I became part of such an awesome team who is like my family away from home, I got the chance to tour a beautiful country like New Zealand. This tour has bought me and Manik closer, we have shared so much with each other. I found out about his past and he found out about mine. I will forever cherish the memories of this trip.

Our next stop is Australia. While I'm super excited for yet another adventure, I am also nervous. I mean how else should one feeel when they know they'll be meeting their boyfriend's ex girlfriend. Naina - she's going to be there. Manik hasn't mentioned this to me but I know deep down he is nervous to see her. Naina is Australia's physio. Look at the irony, this man had to fall in love with a physiotherapist both times. He really does have a thing for physios. But on a serious note, I just hope and pray that everything goes smoothly. Aiyappa, please let there be no siyappas. Please. Otherwise this Nandini will go insane.

"Whose thoughts are you lost in?" A voice broke my trail of thoughts.

"Naina!" I said abruptly.

"What?" Anushka questioned, clearly in shock.

"Sorry I mean Australia." I replied.

"Nandini, what's bothering you?" She asked softly as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Australia, Naina, Chris, everything? I don't know Anushka, I really don't know." I said frustratedly.

"Naina was a lovely girl. Her and Manik were good together. They got along so well. But what you and Manik have is different, it's special. The way Manik is around you, he was never like that around Naina. She was his past, but you are his present and hopefully his future too." Anushka said softly.

"I know Anushka but I can't help the stupid thoughts that are coming to my mind. I'm worried it'll make things awkward between me and Manik. I know Manik is nervous about seeing her. He won't show it but he has been acting so weird since last night." I addressed my concerns.

"Hi ladies, what's up?" Manik said as he approached us and placed his hands around mine and Anushka's shoulders.

"Hi handsome, nothing much! We're just gossiping about you!" Anushka said as she pulled his cheeks.

"Good things I hope!" He replied.

"Never!" She exclaimed.

"Kitni bakwaas ho tum." Manik said.

"Tum bhi koi Khaas nahi ho." Anushka replied.

"I don't have the time to be arguing with you. Nandini listen, I've got you a seat next to me on the plane. I've made sure our hotel rooms are next to each other too. I know it'll be your first time in Australia, so I want to make sure you're around me all the time. I don't want you to go through any trouble." Manik said.

"Of course. How sweet of you Manik? Kitnaa khyaal rakhtay ho tum mera." I said with a forced smile.

"Only the best for you my love. I'll see you later. I need to finish my packing." He said as he kissed my forehead and left.

"Byeeee." I replied.

"My love? Seriously?" Anushka said in disgust.

"Tumhe my love ki pari hai? Pay attention to the other things he said. He's suddenly being so protective again, he knows I don't like that. From his talks, it seems like I won't have any personal space once we get to Australia and I'm worried this has something to do with Naina." I said angrily.

"Nandini if it's bothering you so much then why don't you just talk to him. Tell him why you're worried. I'm sure he'll explain the reason for his behaviour." Anushka advised.

"I don't know. I don't want him to feel like I'm insecure about him and Naina because I'm not. Like you said, she was his past and I'm his present and hopefully future. I'm just worried he's going to act weirdly around her and it will impact our relationship."

"So tell him that. It is so important to talk in order for a healthy relationship. Let there be no room for misunderstandings in your relationship. Talk it out."

"You're right. I need to speak to him and I need to do it before we leave for Australia tonight. Otherwise, it may be too late. Thanks Anushka." I said as I hugged her.

I'm so glad I have a friend like Anushka. She has helped me so much. God knows what I'd do without her. Now to talk to Manik. I really hope he understands. I don't want him to think I'm insecure because I'm not. I'm simply worried about what may happen if he comes face to face with Naina again.

A/N: Chapter 36 updated! I'm sorry this has taken so long. I took a long break from Wattpad but I'm back and I hope to update more regularly. Thank you to you  all for waiting so patiently. I hope you're all well and safe. Hope you enjoyed this update. 😊❤️ Sending lots of love your way xxx