I'm back - 19 | corruption

Start from the beginning

I decided to just leave my hair the way it was, board straight. I brushed through it, displaying the golden tensile that Summer had done for me yesterday.

I was very ready for summer time.

I checked myself out in the mirror and nodded in approval. When I glanced at my alarm clock, it read seven fifty, so I grabbed my phone and my keys and headed downstairs.

As I walked I bumped into Aiden, who gave me a strange look. "Where are you going?" He eyed me up and down.

I shrugged, "Daphne's." It was honestly becoming a tradition that when we had a girl time we'd very vague with anyone who asked where we were going.

Girls time is cherished time, and the first rule of girl time is that you don't talk about girl time.

I didn't leave him much time to say anything as I waltzed out the door to my car.

The drive to Summer's was short and silent. I managed to play a bit and sing the other day, but other than that, the only other time I can sing is when I'm heavily intoxicated- I still get anxious.

I honked my horn a single time and a moment later Summer slowly came out. She was wearing a pair of neon yellow overalls that were very ripped up and distressed, with a white tube top underneath.

"That's cute," I pointed to her outfit. For someone who had never been to a party before, she sure knew how to dress for one.

She gave me a small smile, thanking me. Then we drove to Daphne's in silence once again.

Once we arrive I honk the horn just like I did at Summer's and I see Daphne sprint out. I turned my car off and Summer and I climbed out.

"Are you bitches ready for this?" Daphne screamed as she unlocked Bolt. I rolled my eyes climbing into the passenger seat, Summer in the back.

I nod, but Summer shrugs. "Not really."

I send her a reassuring smile, "You're going to love it," I promised, though I hoped I would be able to keep it.

We chatted softly about the event on the way and a ten minutes later we pulled up to Avery Collin's house- another one of Cheshire High's resident partiers. "Alright, we've got this..." Summer trails off.

Both Daphne and I turned to look at Summer, "Before we go in, we need to talk about Safety and Rules." Daphne said making Summer roll her eyes- again, never having been to a party-but she listened intently. "If it's a two-story, never go upstairs without one of us. Don't go anywhere alone unless you're around a lot of people, and if you have to go to the bathroom just come find one of us."

She nodded and I could see the nerves evident on her face as she realized why we had rules and safety stuff. Especially when it's just us girls. When the guys are with us that's more people and we're usually all near each other, but when it's just us we always have to be much more careful.

"Let's go in," Daphne turns off the car.

We climb out of the car and Summer still looked nervous as hell so I link my arm through hers, and Daphne does the same.

As Daphne knocked on the door I felt my phone vibrate, and I checked it to see a message from my brother. "Are you going to tell me where you really are? Dad's looking for you." He texted.