6. Happy Birthday To You

*Warning*

*This chapter contains mild language and underage drinking*

*I don't condone in underage drinking*

There is a song later in this chapter, I have provided two links if you want to play it along. :)

Narrator's POV

It was early October 1st on a Saturday when Venus rose from her slumber. No one was awake yet, not even the sun to light up her day. It was Venus's birthday and she sat by the window of her dormitory room. She looked out and saw the stars shining ever so brightly. Venus loved the stars, but lately, the stars reminded her of someone. When she looked up at the sparkling specs in the sky, she recalled Draco's fascination with the stars.

Venus thought to herself that he could be warming up to her, perhaps Draco saw potential to better himself. Venus felt silly thinking that way about Draco. Draco and Venus weren't exactly friends, not much could be determined from their moments together. Venus wondered if it even was possible to be friends with him, or could something prevent them from growing closer.

The sun had risen and everyone started to dine in the great hall for breakfast. Venus sat down with her friends Isobel, August, Hermione, and Ginny. Of course, they had greeted Venus with birthday wishes and gifts such as candies and smiles. Venus was elated with the joy that was brought by her friends. Deep down they all knew how much this meant to Venus. Venus grew a liking for her birthday only due to her friends making her feel jovial.

As the girls were sitting together, the mail came rushing in along with the boys George, Fred, Harry, and Ron. Venus had received a gift from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, she looked closely to find a letter and a scarf sewn by Mrs. Weasley. Venus adored her new scarf that had colors of purple and green sewn in a stripe pattern. Venus had received two other letters in the mail, one from her father and another from someone named "B".

Venus and her friends all acknowledged the letter from Mr. Novella. Venus, however, brushed it off as if her father meant nothing to her. "Are you going to open the letter from your dad?" Ron questioned. Venus looked at the messy handwriting and said, "No I don't think I will. He probably sent me some drunk letter, reminding me of what happened to my mum."George noticed Venus's face change and nudged Fred to help him lighten the mood. "Well looks like you got a mystery letter. Maybe it's from a secret admirer." Fred joked. Venus then examined the unknown letter. She opened it with precision and revealed to her a short note. It read, "Dear evening star, I hope I can show you the stars. That is if you will let me."

Venus immediately caught her eyes with Draco when she read the small note. He looked at her with utter disgust upon his face. The thought of it being from an admirer made her wonder if it could be from Draco. "Wow. Some note, right?" Venus said to the group of friends. "Sounds like it came from an astronomer," said Ginny. "That or an old man." Isobel chuckled which caused everyone else to laugh.