"Fine. If I don't receive an explanation by the end of my first year, I won't return to UA. I'll make this quirk waste away in my body. Bound to never be passed down again."

"I don't exactly believe you have the power to pass it down like Young Midoriya."

"And why's that?"

"I told you, I can't explain this right now."

"Okay. I'll trust you for now but like I said, without the explanation by the end of my First Year I'll be dropping out. You've got my attention and hard work until then and I'll be the hero you forced me to be but be mindful of my promise. If you get Izuku to go behind my back like that again, I'll drop out before the year even ends."

"You're doing this for more than just me. I wouldn't have made sure you had One For All had you not shown me that you wanted to be a hero deep down. Even if you're not ready to admit it out loud."

God Damnit. He was right.

"Okay." I sighed.

"I got you this," All Might set a pair of gray gadgets onto the table before us.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh. When you asked Young Midoriya to design your hero costume, I had my hand in it as well. This-" he gestured to the gadgets, "Goes with it."

He grabbed my wrists and locked the gadgets into place, checking to see if every screw was tightened and that they fit snugly.

Suddenly, he popped into his Hero All Might form and wiped his eyes as he began to tear up.

"I'm just so proud," he boomed.

"Of what?" I asked, shaking my wrists to check if the devices were loose.

"Those were the first support devices I ever tried. Granted, I never wore them since they were so big and dragged me down but since the business has come so far, I had this updated and made specifically for you." He beamed.

"What do they do exactly?" I asked.

"I assume you've already noticed but your body was originally more equipped to withstand the quirk compared to Young Midoriya. The quirk didn't harm your body physically but you're not quite ready to handle 100%. Genetics can only get you so far. Your body is not exactly accustomed to the quirk and it'll have long-term effects if you don't take care of your body now. In the beginning, One For All hurt my wrists and forearm pretty bad so this gadget will work to keep yours intact and free from pain." He smiled at me, tinkering with the gadgets as if he were putting his child in their first car.

"Yeah... makes more sense," I sighed.

"I wouldn't use even 50% yet. It's extremely harmful and even though your body is more developed and even more readily prepared than your partners, it will still have extreme drawbacks on you until you've had it for longer than three days and become more accustomed to it. You can no longer see One For All as a quirk, or the quirk, but rather your quirk."

My quirk. He was right. If I was going to truly harness the power he had given me, I needed to understand this was my quirk and there was no getting rid of it anytime soon.

"Also, don't get caught using your quirk to run on top of the apartments again. You'll lose your place at UA if they catch you. You haven't even had your first day let alone gotten your permit yet."

"Right, sorry." I laughed. "Thank you," I whispered.

"I hope this didn't harm our relationship. I've grown to enjoy your company. Asami." It was the first time he had referred to one of his predecessors by their first name directly. He was back in his small form and comfortingly, he placed his hand on my back, smiling as if to tell me he was proud.