Chapter 39

"You've got us here. Now, what do you want?"

"We should probably eat soon. The cafeteria is gonna be busy. Don't you think?"

Todoroki remained silent, glowering at Izuku and I as we all stood alone in some dark hallway.

After the fight, Bakugo had thrown me around and threatened to kill me for not telling him as soon as I had gotten the headband. Receiving that headband required me having to snag it with my teeth so talking wasn't exactly much of an option at the time. Though Sero and Kirishima had their time howling and laughing at the two of us as the crowd roared, I couldn't help but have the fun moment ruined by glares from both Izuku and Todoroki.

As soon as Bakugo had taken to trying to find the boy with the gray eyes from before, I found myself cornered by Todoroki who demanded he have a private conversation with Izuku and I. After a moment of thinking and a few quiet nudges from Midoriya, I now found myself in the dark tunnel as I leaned against the cold surface, seemingly waiting to be interrogated by half-and-half.

Midoriya and I remained a few feet apart but that didn't stop him from awkwardly shifting on his feet every couple of moments as he slowly made his way closer to me. I didn't bother moving, I wasn't going to make my way towards him but if he made the gesture I wasn't going to run away as I should have.

"I was overwhelmed and it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago." Todoroki's voice was monotone, nothing similar to the way his face remained hard and solemn.

"Your fire?" I asked.

"Yes." His eyes flickered from Midoriya as they now remained focused on me completely. I couldn't understand for the life of me why I had been dragged here along with Izuku. I guess he must've still been angry from earlier when he and I exchanged words of unfriendly banter during the obstacle course. "Iida and Kaminari, Yoyorozu and Tokoyami, Uraraka. None of them have felt it. In those moments during our fights, I was the only one who could sense your true powers. You guys remind me of someone. Experiencing All Might's quirk..."

"Oh yeah? Okay." Izuku gulped. He'd now grown so close to me that his thigh was against my own, his body trembling.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"I'm saying, the power that came from you guys felt the same as All Might's." Todoroki was staring at his hand as he spoke. Why exactly, I wasn't sure.

"All strength quirks feel the same in some sense. What are you getting at exactly?" I sighed, leaning my head back against the concrete wall as I looked upwards, finding graffiti littering curse words and drawings of heroes above me.

In reality, I could feel my face beginning to burn over the realization that Todoroki could very well call us out for everything. It wasn't exactly like Izuku could keep things quiet very well, he'd proven that. It was up to me to lie our way out of this.

"Okuma, Midoriya. Tell me. Are you guys really All Might's secret love child or something?" He was completely serious. Utterly serious.

"Do Midoriya and I look anything alike?" I tilted my head at him, giggling.

"No. You could have different mothers."

"Midoriya's hair is green. His eyes are green. He's not exactly tall, neither is he super beefy. He's too logical to be All Might's son and-" I stopped myself before going on to say that Izuku had been born quirkless; that All Might was likely incapable of having children due to the life he had chosen to live.

"And?" Todoroki nudged me on, his voice remaining emotionless.

"And..." I stopped, unable to think of anything. "He's... well he..."