When Shaun caught up to Caleb, his back was already hurting.

"I kinda didn't understand what your mom said," Caleb mumbled. "She meant that the dorm is behind the girl's?"

He managed a small smile. "Yeah, silly. I'll show you." Shaun power-walked past him, the luggage being dragged behind him. It made irregular grinding sounds as he walked on the bumpy pavement.

He walked past the girl's dorm building and to a small gate beside it. Shaun stopped and turned at the building across, the boy's dorm. Many memories were made in that building during his freshman year. He looked at the window on the highest row, closest to the entrance. That was their room.

Where Ryan and Shaun kissed. Unexpectedly.

Then, things were in a constant spiral after that.

He shook his head. This is a new year, he thought. And he isn't here. There isn't time to dwell in the past. Shaun looked away from the building and turned to the gate. Look forward to your future.

"You okay?" Caleb asked.

Shaun yelped in surprise.

He smirked. "You looked flustered. Got something in your mind?"

The sophomore scratched his head. "Uhhhh, no, no, no. I'm fine. It's just. . .we're going to be in a new dorm and—"

"It's Ryan, isn't it?" Caleb's smirk clearly got bigger.

"No it's not—"

"Yes. Yes it is."

Shaun rolled his eyes. "Ugh, whatever. I'm going in now." He walked past the arch of the open gate and onto the path. The road became smoother. On the side were trees and plants. It felt like he was entering someone's rich home.

Ahead, there was an opening on the right. When he reached it, he saw the new dorm building.

At the center was a garden that had a pathway coming from four different directions. He saw benches and some lamp posts. Around the garden was the actual building. People walked around the place; he could see some on all three floors.

Caleb sidled up to Shaun. "Whoa."

Shaun's heart fluttered. This was it. He turned to Caleb. "We should go check our room assignments."

They walked past the garden and onto the front steps. Inside was the open lobby where more people gathered at the counter. There were desks and chairs that looked like those from the study area in the old dorm.

"Where's the list?" Caleb asked.

Shaun scanned across the room. He saw a bulletin board beside the counter. "There." Then he walked over.

He stopped in front of the board and scanned the master list for his room.

Shaun pointed at Caleb's name. "There you are. And. . .we're not in the same room."

"Oh?" He pouted. "That's a shame. We could be room mates."

"Heh." Shaun remembered when he was back at the old dorm with Ryan again. "That's fine, no worries. You'll fit right in."