Burn It Down

Rachel:

Havoc grows Marijuana in the second level of the Haunted House. Yes, they literally call it that. It's somehow fitting with the crumbling walls and the swarms of Havoc crew haunting it. The plants are processed in the first level and packed and stored in the ground floor.

That's where we are currently. The girls are all busy packing and storing while I watch, observe and try to memories.

The girls got to work immediately after we finished the tour. I could leave but seeing them work is interesting. So I decided to stay.

Lucas is adamant to give me a ride home. I didn't fight it much. So now he's standing outside doing some shit on his phone and smoking weed.
It's Havoc's brand. They call it Havoc at Prescott. The name's thoroughly unimpressive. The actual weed is pretty good I hear. I wouldn't know.

After watching the girls for half an hour I make my way outside for some fresh air.
I find Lucas leaning against the far side of the house smoking yet another roll.

I go ahead and lean beside him, removing the mask I had put on to keep out the overpowering smell of weed.

"Don't give me that look, Pretty Boy. Unlike you, I did not grow up harvesting weed. This is literally the first time I've been in the thick of something like this."

"What's your story anyways?", he asks releasing a mouthful of thick sweet smelling smoke.

I smirk. "For now, I'll say it's none of your business."

"For now, huh?" , he asks with a small smile.

"For now", I repeat.

"Wanna try?", he asks offering up his half burned roll.

"Nope"

"Don't give me some shit like I don't smoke"

"I don't", I say with a loose shrug. "There are enough people around to try and kill you without adding yourself to the list"

"Dramatic much?", he smirks.

"It sounds dramatic. And well...I know one drag won't kill me. I made a set of promises to myself a while back. One of them being to never do anything to hurt myself. I like to stick with it."

"And she got morals", he murmurs making my lips twitch. Our arms brush together. I should probably move away. But I guess all the weed is getting to me.

We stand there in silence and I stare at the sky and the trees surrounding the plot. That's when I hear the sound. Shoes crunching on dry leaves.

"Are we close to the Albany boundary", I ask Lucas.

"It's 200 meters from here"

"I think we have a problem"

Before he can comment though, I hear the sound of metal.

"Run" I tell Lucas pulling him along as I race back towards the entrance. I've just managed to close the door when gunshots go off from all directions.

For a few seconds, the inside of the house is completely silent. Then chaos breaks out with everyone rushing to grab weapons. I locate my backpack pulling out the gun Vera had given me. Then I take my DBNs and race to the windows. They are all around the ground floor and will soon be the center of attack but I still have a gap. So I go ahead and toss a bomb out of each window. The gunshots cease, followed by the sound of coughing and wheezing.

The crew is quick to take the opportunity, five of them rushing to the second floor. They fire and I know they don't miss.

Just when I'm starting to think, we'll probably all get out of this alive, a missive explosion shakes the entire mansion. A portion of the cealing crumble down forcing people to rush out the door to avoid being crushed under chunks of stone. A fire breaks out quickly spreading through the crates of packed weed. I grab my backpack, tighten my grip on the gun and get the fuck out.