"Da?" Ja'Seem called out sitting next to him.

Jamari finally snapped out of his trance and looked down at his kids.

"My bad, let me get her." He said grabbing Raelyn.

"Da Da mommy go bye bye." Raelyn cried harder.

Jamari honestly didn't know what to say so he just rubbed her back and played with her ear.

"Mama please don't leave us." Ja'Seem whispered to himself.

Jamari wiped his face and pulled Ja'Seem in for a hug. As soon as Seem felt his father's embrace he broke down.

"Da I'm scaredddd, I just want to see her." Ja'Seem sobbed.

Jamari had bit his lip trying to hold his sobs in.

Everybody in the waiting room watched the little family and some shedded tears themselves.

"IT'S NOT FAIR, IT'S NOT FAIR DAD, THAT'S OUR MOM." Ja'Seem yelled.

"I-I got us Seem, I swear to god I got us." Jamari sniffled holding his kids tightly.

"I-I should've t-tried harder, Bu-Bubba I'm so sorry."'Nyla cried walking over to him.

"Nyla, this ain't yo fault." Jamari sniffled wiping his face.

"S-She told me t-to tell you a-and Lex to take care of Rae a-and that she loved all of us." Nyla cried.

"S-She told me to get out of the house and to take them with me." Nyla sobbed dropping to the floor.

"I SHOULDV'E HELPED HER OUT." She yelled.

Alexis stood from her seat and helped Nyla up.

"Look at me Nyla." Alexis said.

Nyla shook her head looking down.

"LOOK AT ME NYLA." Alexis said holding her face in her hands.

"This is not your fault, you did everything you could , and you saved your nephew and niece. You're a fucking hero. Reagan is a fighter and she will be so proud to hear what you did for her kids." Alexis said looking Nyla in her eyes.

"Bu—No but's we got faith and we gone use that and wait for that doctor to come out here to tell us that Reagan is alive."

Nyla nodded her head and hugged Alexis sniffling.

"Mari you want me to take her?" Alexis asked referring to a now sleeping Raelyn.

He quickly shook his head. "No, I got her."

"Ja'Seem sleep too?" He asked her.

Alexis looked at her nephew then nodding her head.

Omari was boiling hot right now. He was itching to kill anybody who was involved. He had already called the trap members and everyone was on high alert looking for anything suspicious.

——
3 hours later....

"Family of Reagan Davis" The surgeon called out.

When the family stood he immediately swallowed the lump in his throat.

Everybody stood so fast and eagerly that he hated to be the bearer of the bad news.

Jamari carefully layed Raelyn down next to Ja'Seem and walked up to the doctor.

"Well—The first bullet entered on her lower left-hand side rupturing her appendix. Now we tried to save it but unfortunately we couldn't so we had to remove it so it wouldn't cause any internal infections. She was lucky that it entered at a 45 degree angle which means it missed her ovaries and intestines." He explained to them, causing Jamari to tear up.