aaron was getting weighed down in his own relationship.
not being able to have much fun,having no freedom,not being able to live carelessly,because jessica was always on his back.

the only impact aaliyah had had on aarons relationship is that she made him realize that life is short,so you have to do what's best for you.

"it's not because of her.this is between you and me.i don't wanna argue.i've been with you for a while and it was good while it lasted,but i think it's time for both of us to move on."

jessica tried to understand his logic behind breaking up with her mid way through the year but she couldn't.

so instead of staying and letting him know how she really feels,she gathered her things and left the room without another word.

aaron sat in the middle of his bed feeling somewhat relieved but also guilty.

he knew that he had made the right decision not only for their relationship but also for himself.

he just felt a little guilty about it.
he had never broken up with somebody before,so this was a first.

after a while,he got up from his spot,putting on a pair of socks before walking to the room he knew aaliyah was in.

even though him and aaliyah had indeed been spending a lot of time together,aaliyah was also a homebody,and really did enjoy being alone.

she spent a lot of time in their art studio working,and often told aaron to leave so that she could be alone.

"if you stay in this room any longer,i'm gonna have to start charging you a fee."

she laughed as he sat down in the stool in front of her,watching as she went back into work mode.

one thing that aaron had noticed about aaliyah is that when it came to art,there was no free time.

there was no playing around or taking breaks,she would sometimes go hours without even looking away from the canvas.

"you sure you don't want anything to drink or-"

"i'm good,i wanna finish this today so."
she said keeping her eyes on the canvas.

aaron had always been intrigued in aaliyahs certain interest in art,but recently he had found himself wanting to learn even more about it.

"what are you working on? is it for a grade?"
he asked trying to peek at her painting.

she shook her head slightly hiding the painting,even though it wasn't for him,she still didn't like people looking at her art before it was finished.

she felt like it took away the meaning and the purpose,plus you wouldn't get as good of a reaction out of them.

"no,it's for my grandparents .i paint pictures for my family's christmas presents every year and my grandparents are coming down here this year."

although aaliyahs relationship with her mother's side of the family was scarce,it was the complete opposite for her fathers side.