Chapter one

"Summer! You have to wake up or we are going to be late!"

I slowly open my eyes and look around my room. Just as I am coming to my senses I realise what day it is... It's the day I am going off to college!

"Summer are you up?" I hear my mom yell from outside my door.

"Yes mom I'm up!" I answer her and I quickly get up from my bed, that was a mistake. Everything turns black and the room starts to spin so I sit back down on my bed. I hate it when that happens.

I slowly stand up and throw a hoodie over my pyjamas and go downstairs.

"Hey mom how did you sleep?" I give her a kiss on her cheek.
"Hello honey, I slept very thank you how about you?"
"Surprisingly well actually, considering I am going to college today."

I can see tears forming in her eyes.
"Please don't cry mom then I am going to cry!"
"Honey I am going to miss you so much." My mom says and suddenly I am feeling really sad.

"Don't worry mom I will come to visit you any chance I get. And I know dad will be watching over me when I am there." My dad passed away about a year ago. I still really miss him and I know my mom also does but she just tries to stay strong for me and my brother.

"Yeah I know but I am still going to miss you." She quickly reaches her hands forward and pulls me in for a big hug.
"Mom. Can't. Breathe."
"Oh sorry! Go brush your teeth your breath stinks!" She says while holding her nose closed.
"Haha fine I will go now!" I giggle and run to the bathroom.

                                       *****

After I am done getting ready and all of my things are packed I jump in the car and off we go.

The car ride was mostly my mom crying and telling me that I should be careful and all of those things.

After what feels like an eternity we finally arrive at the one and the only Yale!! I can't believe it after 12 years in school I am finally going to college!

When we get out of the car the sounds of people talking and parents crying when saying goodbye to their children fills my ears.

"Honey I am sorry but I already have to leave. My boss texted me and said that I have to get there as soon as possible." That's my mom always working. Ever since my dad died my mom started working extra shifts and it feels like she is always working. Don't get me wrong I really appreciate it but it feels like I never see her.

"Mom it's totally fine! I will be okay." I tell her and pull her in for a hug.
"I love you mom!"
"And I love you sooo much honey." My mom says and give me a big kiss on my cheek.

As she drives away I pick up all of my bags and start walking. Suddenly I walk into something solid and I fall down to the floor. Off course this is going to happen to me on my first day at college while everyone is watching.

I look up at the thing I ran into and as I do I look into a pair of breath taking blue eyes. And those eyes belonged to the most handsome face I have EVER seen. He had a chiselled face and a defined jawline that is covered in a little amount of stubble.

"S-sorry." I stutter. He looks at me in disgust and says "You know you really have to look around you so that you don't walk into people."

What an asshole I think.
"I'm sorry I was carrying like 5 bags and accidentally knocked into you. But if you were also just watching in front of you you would have seen me coming!!"
He just looked at me while I was still on the ground and didn't even help me up.

"Well can you please help me up?!" I ask him and a small smirk appears on his face.
"No I'm good thanks I have more important things to do."
"Asshole" I mutter under my breath.
"Hey I heard that."
"Aww I am so sorry did I hurt your feelings?" I ask with a sarcastic tone in my voice.

Now he just looks pissed.
"Yeah, no my feelings don't get hurt that easily." He replies.
"Oh wow your a big dick with an even bigger ego what else did I expect." I stand up and grab my bags that fell on the ground.

As I turn around I feel a slap on my ass and quickly turn around.
I see that guy smirking at me and my mouth is gaping open.
"Don't you dare touch me again!" I scream at him and slap him across his face.

"Bitch!" He yells.
By now a few people have gathered around us and I decide to just get away from there before more people come.

Just as I start to walk away I turn around at him give him both of my middle fingers and yell over my shoulder "Asshole!" and walk to my dorm smiling.