The 'party'

The water bender got ready for the 'party', and her brother was there, "You might wanna not blush so much when you see the Avatar." he says. She turns around, "What do you mean?" "You like him, I can tell." he says. "What? Why would I like him, like A) he's 12 and B) he's not Water Tribe." she answers. "Keep telling yourself you don't like him. Maybe some day it'll work." he says. She then goes to the room where the 'party' is. She then sees a figure 4"(10cm) shorter than her dressed in Air Nomad robes, head shaven and tattoos all over his arms and on his neck upwards. "Hello princess." he says. "Hi." she says, as red as her friend's eye makeup. "Wanna dance?" he asks. "S-Sure." she says, stuttering. They then go dance for a while, "Y'know you're really pretty." the young Avatar says. The princess blushed even more than earlier, a few minutes passed after. "Why are you smiling at me like that?" she asked, "Oh I was smiling?" he said. She smiled back. Then she went outside because she wanted to show him something. He followed.

"What are we doing here, princess?" he asked. "Please just call me Katara, I am called Princess all the time. Only my friends ever call me by my name." she said. "Of course, Katara." he said. "So why are we here?" she looked at him. "Has anyone told you that you're pretty handsome in the sunset?" she asked. "What? But you're a Wa-" he said just before being interrupted by a small kiss by the princess. "Yes, you're right. I am a Water Tribe princess, but I don't wanna marry someone from the Water Tribe." she sulked. "But why?" he asked. "I love someone else." she said. "So why did you kiss me?" he asked. She sighed, "Y'know how I called you 'charming'?" she then asked to which he nodded. "I felt something very special between us, that moment I wanted to tell you that." she said. "I don't understand." he said. "Every day, I get closer to the age I can get married. I want it to be with you but my father will say no as you are an Air Nomad."

The Avatar looked at the girl he was sitting on the balcony with. "We could always keep it a secret?" he suggested. "That's the thing, I was hoping that but eventually people will find out and I'll be forced to get married quicker." she said. "How about you join our team?" he said. "Our?" she asked. "Yep. I've got 2 human friends, a lemur and a flying bison." he said. "A what now?" she wondered, confused. "A flying bison, his name is Appa. One of my human friends is a fire bender." he replied, smiling. "I don't know Av-" she got interrupted. "Aang, please." he said. "Of course, I just don't know Aang." she said. "Listen, I'll leave you to think about it." then the boy left. His arm was stopped by the princess, "Say I were to join you. What's your goal?" she asked. "We wanna defeat your father and end the war." the boy replied. "D'you need a water bender because I'm in." she said. The boy shook his head. "Alright, we'll go tomorrow." she said.