15| Nightmares Can Come To Life

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Lucas stopped. Which caused me to stop because he's study as a fucking rock.

"What?" I hissed.

"There's something there. I can't see anything but I feel it, it's predatory." He said.

"Oh wow. That's a really good description." I said. Lucas gave me a flat look.

"We'll worry about that later. We're getting close." I said.  I don't know how I knew I just felt it.

"This feeling shit is getting on my last nerves." I mumbled to myself.  The path curved left and I walked, normally like behind that bend wasn't the end of my life.

I turned the corner and froze at what I was seeing.

There was a dragon sleeping in the middle of the fucking road! Lucas pulled me back to his chest and started making us back up.

I didn't want to. I wanted to get a closer look at the dragon. It had black and violet scales, it's wings, tucked close to it as it slept. You could clearly see its
wingspan would be huge. It must be at least thirty feet tall or something.

It was beautiful and I wanted to run my hands along its scales, run them behind its horns, maybe touch the teeth poking out of it's mouth and take it out for flying.

(A\N: The dragon picture is above)

I'm crazy. Like Harley Quinn crazy. But she's cool so I can't really compare her to anyone. At all.

Back to the point, I wanted to pet a dragon. I think all this pressure, stress and sexual tension has finally gotten to my head.

Lucas pushed me behind a tree and took one a few feet beside me.

"I want to touch it." I whispered.

"No." Lucas said.

I opened my mouth to argue but the dragon stirred. I held my breath. I watched as it moved, it's muscles rippling as it got up and stretched.

It's wings opened in sure about fifty feet in length each. I was mesmerized to say the least.

"I have to touch it. We have to go closer." I said all dreamy like.

It's official, I've lost it.

"Fuck no." Lucas snapped.

He wasn't the boss of me. I saw him conjure a sword and my heart beat faster in my chest. The idea, no, the thought of him using that on the dragon terrified me to the core. My blood run cold.

He made a move to walk to it when I lifted my foot and kicked his sword.

He looked at me. He was angry. Well bitch, so was I.

"You will not harm that dragon or so help me Lucas I will never kiss you again." I said.

We all know that's bull. I'd take him here if I could but something about that dragon made me tick.

"Your not serious." Lucas hissed.

"I rea-" my sentence was cut off when the dragon's head came to view.

It's eyes snapped to me and I froze. It's green eyes pierced into my soul. It's pupil, which was a slit, just added on the creepy effect that it had on me. I felt like I was missing something and I had just found it. All my answers were with that dragon.

I know I had Lucas, he's my soulmate after all and Sydney but this dragon just filled another hole in my chest. One I didn't even know I had.

We maintained eye contact and everything else fell away. Silence. That's all I heard. Silence with just me and the dragon.

It was a girl. Don't ask me how I know because I didn't check, it was like information that's stuck in my head. Like I always knew. And her name...

Her name was...

"Lanis." I whispered.

The dragon roared. I got out of my hiding spot and walked towards her. It's surprising Lucas didn't stop me.

When I got close, she lowered her head and I extended my hand. She growled. I pulled back a bit.

Never give up.

Let's try this again.

I held out my hand. This time, not reaching out to her, but letting her reach out to me. She huffed, causing smoke to come out of her nostrils. I smiled at that.

Lanis extended forward. I held my breath in anticipation. I wanted to run at her squealing like she was Tom Holland. But alas, I could not. I think you can imagine my situation.

Lanis, taking all her God damn time, finally reached my hand. Her scales were rough but smooth. They were perfect. I brought up my other hand, using it to run the side of her face. My fingers grazed the teeth that poked out of her mouth. She leaned into my touch. I did the same with the other hand.

This must look weird. Lanis' head is about the size of two of me.

"You found your familiar." Lucas said from where he was leaning on the tree.

I turned to him, too excited not to let my grin show. I had to dial down on the happiness. The way he said his words were making me anxious.

"Really?" I asked.

"No." Lucas said.

My grin dropped.