"Diana said it could be any Pureblood from the Sacred 28," Daphne piped up. "She said that if you trace almost all of the family bloodlines they trace back to one of Salazar's children."

"Well, that's partially true," Theo took a seat on the other unoccupied couch. "Even so, there should be a certain requirement aside from blood if that's the case. Besides, the Chamber of Secrets has been perceived as nothing but a myth that only now, has been proven real. So I doubt our parents and even our ancestors know how to open it."

"Well, my father knows."

All sets of eyes turn to him--minus a pair of purple ones who were still passed out on her chair--clouded with interest.

"Your father," Blaise drawls out, voice dripping with doubt. "Knows how to open the Chamber of Secrets? You're the Heir of Slytherin?"

Draco shoots him one of his infamous looks. The one that says 'are you stupid?' "No, don't be preposterous. He told me information about it."

Their interest grows.

"Father told me it was opened 50 years ago and a Mudblood was killed in the girl's lavatory on the third floor. He didn't tell me who it was, but the heir was expelled and it hasn't opened since."

"Until now," Daphne breaths out.

He nods. "Until now."

A hitched breath filled the silence, causing all of their attention to shift towards the source. Diana's face was slightly contorted into a frown, her lips were jutted out into a pout and creases that were never there before appeared between her groomed eyebrows. They paused. What exactly were they waiting for? They weren't quite sure either but then it came. Her body jolted and stiffened--a mix between the two--then her eyes snapped open. They were hazy, for a minute, registering, processing where she was. Until it finally did.

She turns her head to meet everyone's confused--borderline concerned--stares.

"Hello to all of you too," she says, her voice raspy. "Anyone up to the task of carrying me to my dorm? Because honestly, I'm too knackered to get up."

* * *

The days blurred, meshed together like an abstract piece Diana, for the life of her, did not care to ever decipher. She was quiet, moody, snappier. Like an agitated animal finally being let out after years of confinement and did not know a thing about not biting everything. Her friends noticed, of course, they did, and Blaise was milking it all.

"Blaise, if you open your mouth one more time I will chuck you out of this window and borrow Draco's apples to throw them at you."

To her immense irritation, he only guffawed in laughter. "You literally just sneezed the--"

Soon, a flying book was sent at him which he managed to avoid with his quick reflex. "Hey!"

"Don't make me throw another one, Zabini," she threatens, eyes glinting with promise.

He grins at her, his hands held up, palms facing hers to show how empty they are. "Alright, Pimpi. No need to bring out your claws."

It was only the two of them in the halls, which didn't surprise them. They were both running late for the dueling club Lockhart was hosting because Diana took her time getting ready later than usual and Blaise fell asleep in the common room. His two jack arses of friends didn't even bother to wake him up when they left.

"Look what you did," she sighs as she bent down to pick up her book. "You're buying me two new ones."

"It wasn't even my fault—"