This is what he hated; he hated feeling powerless. He had been stuck with that feeling his whole life, living with his sorry excuse for a father, and now it seemed to be what hurt him the most. He supposed that's why he always ran into trouble, because he couldnt help himself. He wanted to help. That's all he ever wanted to do.

JJ was trying to keep calm and keep his emotions in check, but when he saw Ward Cameron stroll into the tent like he was innocent, JJ lost it. He jumped to his feet, muscles tensing with anger. How dare he walk in here acting like he was actually helping the police when he and his scumbag son were the guilty ones?

One of the agents grabbed him by the arms and held him back as Ward Cameron locked eyes with him. JJ fumed, huffing out heavy breaths through his nose in an attempt to regain any amount of self-control. He swore that he saw Ward smirk slightly before sitting down at the table and picking up the radio. Fuck! If anything was going to stop John B from turning that boat around, it was going to be the voice of the man who literally ruined his whole life.

JJ tried to tone out his words, not wanting to hear anything he said to John B in fear that he would strangle him and get himself arrested. Kiara and Pope watched him cautiously, clearly scared that he was going to pull some crazy stunt. JJ himself didnt even know what he would do to Ward if he got close enough. He wanted him dead, or at the very least rotting in a prison cell with his psycho son. Rafe had harassed and then nearly murdered his girlfriend, and Ward had essentially ruined their lives. Whatever JJ's reaction was going to be, it wasnt going to be good.

"Oh my god," Kiara breathed out in shock, "He's using Sarah like a bargaining chip. He's using his own daughter like some sort of pawn. I cant belive this."

"I can," Pope spat, angrily.

JJ squeezed his eyes shut and covered his ears. "I cant hear it, alright? Just- dont tell me what he says. Please."

Kiara pursed her lips and fell silent. JJ kept his hands over his ears as he watched Ward speak into the radio. He didnt want John B to turn that boat around, because he didn't want to see his best friend and his girlfriend be convicted of a crime they didn't commit, but he also didnt want them to die out there, fighting to escape. Part of him wanted them to get caught, he wouldnt deny that. He would do anything to have them back now that they had gone.

Kiara's hand landed on his arm, her mouth falling open. JJ dropped his hands away from his ears and frowned. "Its John B! Listen."

"You killed my father! And you framed me for a murder that I didn't commit. You took everything from me! You took everything from me. But I'm still here, and I swear to God, Ward, I will come back one day and take what's mine."

JJ's pulse quickened as adrenaline rushed through his veins. They weren't turning back. He almost wanted to smile at John B's determination, but he knew that the cops still didnt have the evidence to belive their story. JJ knew that he would do anything to help clear their names. They just had to hold onto hope.

"So you listen to me...I'm coming for you. I'm coming...for you."

The radio cut out, disconnecting completely. The cops all dropped their heads in disappointment as they realised that John B had no intentions of handing them over any time soon. Ward look completely shaken, and JJ would be lying if he didnt find the slightest bit of pleasure in that.

"You dont go anywhere," the agent said to Ward, taking the radio from his hand, "We're gonna need to talk to you."

JJ let out the breath that he was unintentionally holding onto. Maybe Ward was going to get caught and get exactly what he deserved. But that didnt feel like as much of a comfort as JJ had imagined it would be. Because they were still out there, battling through a storm that could sink them in an instant.