Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On

Start from the beginning

And so, Y/N let out a painful cry, not knowing what to do. Hearing his sister cry, made Rolf's sadness a lot worse. He sobbed and another set of tears came pouring down his face, as he pulled his sister into a hug.

Newt sniffed again and wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

"W-When you're ready, I'm here to talk." He said quietly, as the Scamander siblings broke down in front of him. Newt couldn't handle seeing them like that- but he knew, they would find perfect comfort with each other, and each other only. He shouldn't interfere.

He glanced up at them once more, before walking out of the room and gently closing the door behind him.

Immediately, the others who were waiting outside came over to him and patted his back, comforting him.

"You have the letters, Dumbledore?" Newt asked quietly.

"Yes, Newt. Do not worry." Dumbledore said gently.

"I say... give them some time." said Newt, avoiding everyone's eye contact. "And then... tell them about Sean..."

"Are you going to St Mungo's, Mr Scamander?" Lupin asked the old wizard.

"Yes. Teen and Queenie are already there." Newt replied, looking up at Lupin. "Take care of them, for me, Remus. You're a good man. Lexi and Sean trusts- trusted- you."

Newt gave him a firm nod, before wiping his face once more, and disappearing down the stairs.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Y/N felt like she'd been crying for days. Her face was glazed with tears, and her eyes were puffy. Her lungs were tired from all the sobbing, and her insides churned. Rolf had stopped crying, and was patting her on the back and comforting her, as the big brother he was.

"You know..." Rolf started. His voice was raspy and still. "Your nickname. I actually didn't come up with it."

"It's n-n-not the t-time!" Y/N managed to say, her voice shaking uncontrollably.

"Mum did." Rolf continued nonchalantly, ignoring her comment. "You were crying on your fifth birthday, and dad was talking to you outside... M-Mum started to laugh just-uncontrollably, and I asked her why. She said that she thought dad left another Niffler lying around."

Rolf chuckled hollowly, and Y/N started to calm down.

"She told me not to tell you she said that," Rolf said. "So I promised her that I wouldn't. But in exchange of getting to call you 'Niff' without getting in trouble-"

"That's why Mum never scolded you for using it." Y/N said quietly, starting to hiccup through her sobs. Rolf chuckled again.

"Yeah." He said quietly.

Y/N felt tired. She didn't want to wake up the next day, she didn't want to feel the pain any longer. She wanted everything to stop- to fall asleep and never wake up.

How could they let her mother die? Why didn't the other Aurors help her? Why didn't they step in front of her and protect her? Knowing perfectly she had two loving children that still needed her.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and Dumbledore, Lupin, and the other unknown witch came back in. McGonagall made sure to stay at the very back of the room, not wanting to feature or trigger the Scamanders.