Chapter 6

An explosion from the distance startled Wilson's panic attack. He told himself that it was a circuit shortage that blew up in a house. What if it was a pack of drunks? He ignored it and continued to walk in circles, panicking and puffing more from his inhaler. Out of nowhere, sounds of quick footsteps and panting were coming from the direction of the explosion.

Someones coming.

Wilson turned his head in fear to confront who it was and out of nowhere, a tall guy crashed onto him making them both fall onto the ground with a loud thump, making his inhaler drop into a drain. He quickly pushed the guy off him and stood up with a limp.

"Hey what's your problem??" Wilson blurted. He looked down at the guy whose bags and books were scattered all around the ground. The guy let out a groan and sat up with small scratches all over his face.

"What are you doing?? We're gonna be late!" He exclaimed with a very posh accent. He quickly picked up his backpack and grabbed onto Wilson, pulling himself up. The guy dusted his shoulders and looked around the area. His face, neck and arms were full of freckles and his ears were long and pointy, he was also taller than Wilson, standing around five foot eleven. He had a thick head of black hair with one strand being white, he was also wearing a red flannel over a white shirt and jeans.

"What do you mean?? That's nothing other than a wreck of some sort of museum" Wilson said, now pointing at the academy with his finger. The guy widened his eyes with disbelief and laughed, trying to say something which kept getting slurred by his laughter.

"Wreaks of a museum??? Mate, maybe you need to get your eyes checked! That there is the Eclipse Academy and I will be late for the opening ceremony, including you 'early bird'!"

Wilson turned his head and gazed at the 'Academy' and he thought to himself, still processing what was in front of him. How was this possible? Just a few seconds ago the 'Academy' was an old castle with overgrown vines coming out of its windows. And now? It looked like a modernised private school with castle-like features. The stairs leading up to the front door were polished and the banners that were at front still had weird symbols, however the colours were vibrant and the years were now up to date.

"Wait how is this possible? J-Just a few seconds ago there was nothing there??" Wilson asked, sending an explanation. The guy looked away and impatiently pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Theres a barrier. The headmasters casted it around this entire street. These road blockers right here keep the 'sane' away and if you dare past it, you're stuck in this hell hole. — Now no more questions. We gotta go before Ms Tersumi finds out that we're late!"

Wilson picked his stuff up still confused and they quickly walked over to the staircase of the academy. Wilson parked his red bike near a bush, getting an eyebrow raise from the mysterious guy.

"What in the bloody hell is that?" The guy asked with a look of disgust.

"Its a bicycle..?" Wilson replied, "I mean who doesn't know what a bicycle is?"

The guy shrugged his shoulders and they both headed towards the bottom of the staircase. There was a design on the railing that resembled tentacles of an octopus which Wilson thought was an odd design for a stair railing. The tall boy quickly turned his head at Wilson and smacked his chest right below the ribcage, getting a small squeak from Wilson. The guy smirked and pointed at the entrance at the very end of the staircase.

"Race you to the top 'early bird'!"

And after his words, he began running up the staircase and Wilson followed behind, trying his best to catch up with him. They finally arrived at the top in unison and collided onto the doors, a large crack and thump was heard as the doors hit the walls. They were met with a long and narrow hallway with a row of lockers on the left, but for some reason, no one was there, not a student or teacher around. Though the lights were on, the classrooms were empty and no one was seen. The walls were covered in a variety of posters with schedules and upcoming events written on it, the hallway floor was as clean and glittery then anything Wilson saw in his old school, he smiled at himself as he looked around. They began to explore the narrow hallway, peaking through the classrooms and checking out the many turns and staircases.