So, Mingyu blinks, just to be sure he's not hallucinating. But of course he's not and Wonwoo is still standing there, dark eyes staring right into Mingyu like he can read his racing mind.

Mingyu swallows around the lump that had formed in his throat, but he can't speak. What would he even say?

Mingyu had never been the type to chatter endlessly sure, but it's not often that he is mute in face of something. He can always find something to say, always find a way to butt in, even in dire depressing topics or broken heart moments. But now his vocal cords are frozen, his mouth is cotton, and he doesn't know how to open his jaw.

His heart is busy beating uncomfortably fast, guilt and nerves spiking at alarming rates just by seeing the one person he didn't know how to confront or talk to. And he'll be honest and say that it slightly annoys him just how calm the other looks, as if that's abnormal.

Unlike himself, Wonwoo hadn't done anything and shouldn't feel anything other than annoyance at just seeing Mingyu's name. But Mingyu's been over that a thousand times now, why continue to repeat himself until his throat is sore?

He blinks again, blanking on what to do or if he should speak.

Wonwoo, whether a blessing or a curse, seems to understand that Mingyu isn't going to reply anything soon because he speaks up again. Though, his voice is softer and weak as he opens the refrigerator door next to the one Mingyu is in front of.
"You've been standing there for five minutes..."

Uh. Had he?

Mingyu frowns and glances to the windows that the line the stores front, and sure enough the sun had completely fallen beyond the horizon and left no glow in it's absence. He moves his focus around the store, it's still empty besides the new addition of Wonwoo. It's almost unsettling.
He turns his attention back to the senior as he hears his voice pipe up again.

"Are you busy?"

Mingyu looks at the other and pauses, actually looks at him.
"Huh?"

Wonwoo shuts the door, a bottle in hand with a pink lable and pink liquid sloshing around, and gives Mingyu an odd look. He can't see his eyebrows, their covered by black bangs that seem longer than the last time he'd seen him, but he can tell that Wonwoo raises one at his confused noise if the slight shift in his eyes are any indication.
"You heard me, so are you?"

Mingyu frowns deeper
"Why?"

Wonwoo shrugs, almost nonchalantly.
"I need help with something."

"From me?"

The other scoffs, ugly noise high in his throat.
"No, I mean the guy down the isle."

Mingyu frowns and turns to look around the store again, finding it just as empty as before. He blinks, internally cringing as he realizes the sarcasm in Wonwoo's voice. He focuses back onto Wonwoo, gripping the bottle in his own hand tighter.
"Ah..."

Wonwoo makes a noise high in his throat, something between a snort and a groan that feels too playful given the moment. He doesn't respond to Mingyu's uncertain sound and instead grabs the bottle in Mingyu's hand without saying a thing. Mingyu watches him walk away, towards the counter, and winces at the rush of nostalgia that hits him. He follows after, feet heavy and steps sluggish.

'Are you busy?'

'No, why?'

'Do you want to hang out? Only if you want I mean...'

It seems like such a long time ago now, which is crazy considering it's had only been just over a month and a half since his radar had finally pinged one Wonwoo Jeon. That's not long, and that's not really a nostalgia trip. Mingyu had barely been in someone's life for two months and managed to messed up what normally takes a year to build. He was busy building a house with a frame.

Mingyu bites down on his tongue as he watches Wonwoo pay for their things just like Mingyu had done once.

'Sure, let's hang out. Where to?'

'Park? We can swing or something'

It makes his chest hurt.

-
AAAA, I've been MIA for a while huh?
Sorry for the long wait for an update!
I've been pretty overwhelmed with life for the past few months and thus I haven't had to time nor motivation to write for any of my stories.

I know updates are going to remain slow for now, for various personal reasons, but I'll try my best to get one out sooner than this one!

As a sorry, have this drawing of Wonwoo I did a while back:

If you follow my instagram you already saw it back in late January, but I know not many do! So here!