Chapter 38: Friend or Foe

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Texting/Writing

(Y/n) P.O.V

We found ourselves in one of the many rooms in Amity Colosseum. I found myself lying on Ruby's lap as she gently stroke the fur on my back while I was in my fox form. Right now, all I could do was be here in support with Maka next to Ruby. The reason was that, for the past half-hour, Ruby was telling General Ironwood everything Jinn revealed about Ozpin. His past, his relations with Salem and (Y/n), and the questions.

General Ironwood: "Salem... can't be killed? Are you sure? Jinn actually told you this?" he asked.

Ruby: "Well, don't really tell us. When I asked what Professor Ozpin was hiding, she showed us the questions he asked her previously. He asked her, "How do I destroy Salem?" and the rest, you know." she explained.

General Ironwood: "She... but why?! Why would Oz keep this from us? From the people who trusted him." he said, sounding defeated.

Ruby: "I... I'm sorry about keeping the truth hidden from you. After everything that happened at Mistral and how things were when we arrived, we didn't know who to trust." she confessed.

General Ironwood: "... I can see why you were all hesitant. Even with this news, we must push on. This just means we must hurry and finish Amity. Even if she can't be killed, we do what we can." he sighed.

Me: "If I may?" I asked.

I slowly stood and jumped onto the table before sitting directly in front of General Ironwood.

Me: "You shouldn't rule out the possibility of killing Salem." I told him.

General Ironwood: "But if Jinn said that-" he tried to say.

Me: "I would like to remind you that Jinn is my cousin. I known her for the longest time, long before any of you current humans came into existence. When you ask Jinn a question, she will answer the question asked." I explained.

Me: "For example: When will I die? She will tell me when I will "die" next. However, as you all know, I will simply come back. She didn't lie, but it wasn't exactly the outcome you would want. She's truthful but sly. Imagine her as a monkey's paw. Your question must be specific and worded carefully." I told them.

General Ironwood: "Then... I see. Yes, I think I understand. Oz asked Jinn, "How do "I" destroy Salem?" The question only asks how he can, meaning that the possibility isn't completely gone." he said, sounding more hopeful.

General Ironwood: "And we still have a question left, correct?" he asked, looking over to Ruby.

Ruby: "Yeah." she nodded.

General Ironwood: "Good. Though as much as I want to ask her, with (Y/n)'s insight and explanation, we could save that wish for the time being." he said, sounding more alive.

Me: "And on the topic of sharing secrets. I would also like to let you know about one other thing." I said to him.

A curious look appeared on General Ironwood's eye as he looked down at me.

Me: "If worse comes to worst and the world is lost to Salem. I will grant the survivors of Remnant access to my Garden." I told him.

General Ironwood: "Garden?" he asked.

Me: "Think of it as the Garden of Creation. Where everything was created by the Gods and originated from. The Garden itself is not a part of Remnant but in its own dimension. A place where the Gods once used to design creatures and life before placing them on Remnant. This place is my home. My sanctuary. My kingdom." I explained.