Memories

Third Person's POV:

North hoped to escape this black abyss. He started to crawl but with all of this darkness he didn't know if he was even moving. Everything was the same, endless darkness with nothing else in sight. North quietly said, "baa?" His voice was echoed through this place making the small country tremble. North started to feel more scared and wasn't long before he started to sob. He sobbed and curled into a small ball hoping all of the darkness would go away and that he would be back in his brother's arms.

North felt that he had cried for decades before lifting his gaze up. He was still in this black place but his tears sat floating in the air, making some sort of trail. North sniffed and tried to clean his tears from his face with his tiny fists. North then slowly started to follow the tear trail. He crawled for a while before he came upon a suspiciously familiar mirror. The baby country gasped as he saw an older version of himself. The older version transformed into a younger North Korea and he wasn't wearing an eyepatch in this younger version. This North was smiling brightly, making the younger and current North feel more at ease and smiled as well.

The country from the mirror then waved at someone else inside the mirror. A younger version of Russia came up to him and they both started playing around. The current North watched the mirror with curiosity as to what was happening. Russia from the mirror looked to mirror North and said, "You know it would be more fun to play at the frozen lake." North gave Russia a worried look, "but Russia, your papa said we shouldn't go there, we could get into trouble if we go." Russia shook his head. "Come on North! I promised it'll be a lot of fun, plus we won't get in trouble if no one tells him," Russia said in hoping North would agree. But North was hesitant, he didn't want to break the rules Soviet gave them, as he respects him very much and hates getting into trouble. Russia then said, "please North... I promise we will be there for five minutes before anyone notices we're gone."

North looked at Russia's pleading look and sighed, "ok, let's go." Russia almost screamed in happiness that his best friend will be going to the frozen lake with him. The two quickly left the house, after putting on warm coats, boots and hats. Russia grabbed North's hand and led him to the Frozen lake that was in the center of the woods. Russia was happily chatting about how much fun they'll have while North was getting a bad feeling about the situation.

It wasn't long before they reached the Frozen lake. The lake was huge and had a large layer of ice over it with snow. The pine trees stood proudly with snow in their green branches. The sky was a beautiful blue with very few clouds. The scene overall looked breathtaking. North awed in amazement to the scenery, and Russia had a large smile.

After enjoying the scenery the two young countries started playing a game of tag with each other on the frozen Lake. They both fell down multiple times on the ice but after a while they got used to balancing on the frozen water, well more like Russia got used to it because North was still a little more shaky on the ice. The two played this game of tag for a while. North was it and had been trying to get Russia on the slippery ice. North after struggling was able to tag Russia. Russia quickly turned around and tried to catch North, but North was already running ahead. North didn't look back, only trying to run forward to try to escape the Russian. North then made a sharp turn which made him slip a little but was able to get back on his feet and continue running. Russia was able to gain on him when he slipped. "I'm going to tag you North!" Russia said, being close to North now. Russia in the heat of the moment accidentally pushed North when tagging him.

North lost his balance and fell face first into the solid, cold, and hard ice. Russia ran away expecting for North to get up and chase him again. But North didn't stand up and chased him, he stayed on the floor, whimpering in pain. Russia looked back and noticed this, he quickly ran to North. "Did you get hurt? Or are you tricking me to tag me?" Russia asked. North faced Russia with tears and blood oozing from the right side of his face. Russia froze when looking at the blood. "I-It hurts....." North quietly whimpered. Russia snapped out of his trance and helped North up. "W-We got to get you to Papa. He'll know what to do," Russia said while guiding North back to their home.

Russia was extremely scared and worried for North because he started bleeding a lot. He was also scared to face his dad and to find out his punishment for going to the Frozen Lake and hurting North. Russia continued walking through the snowy forest until he heard a soft thump on the snow. Russia turned only to find an unconscious North on the floor. Russia raced to his side and shaked him. "North! Get up, we're almost home, we have to get there before you bleed more we can't take a break," Russia said, still shaking North. Russia getting more worried shook North more. "North wake! Please wake up!" Russia pleaded, now tearing up. Seeing that North didn't respond, Russia quickly got up and ran as fast as he could home to get Soviet.

The current North Korea when watching all of this unfold in the mirror has felt everything the older kid North was feeling. He was holding his right eye and was making pained noises. He was also silently crying ever since the other North got injured. Suddenly everything started to shake. The mirror quickly disappeared and everything started spinning.

North woke up, breathing heavily before starting to cry. South Korea rushed to North and hugged him. South tried to calm North down from his crying, but North can still feel the slight pain in his right eye and now his head hurts as well. He cried and cried before South was able to calm him. North stayed in South's arms, sniffling, while South gently cleaned his face. North didn't like the dream he had but it felt familiar to him somehow, just like when Soviet was telling the story of the eyepatch. North sighed tiredly and cuddled closer to South feeling safe in his arms.

~•~

Hewwo everyone! I hoped you guys had a good day and happy (very late) New Year! I hope that this year will be better than the last. But remember Corona is still out there so please take care of yourself. Well that's all I got to say bye-