The honeymoon [20]

"Now as the final highlight of tonight, may I ask the groom to step to the front, please," the announcer who, by the way, was Andrew's best friend since childhood said into the microphone after my sister finished her performance on the mini stage with a piano at front.

Since it was only a small wedding with close friends and relatives, Andrew and I thought of ways to make the after party a bit exciting and wrote in every wedding invitation to do something of their talent or hilarious to amuse our guests.

And in some way, it was also their wedding gift for us too. So, I would say killed two birds with one stone.

Anyways, I looked at Andrew in confusion as to why he also has to perform because I thought it was only for our inviters.

He didn't say anything except gave me a quick peck on the cheek and told me to pay close attention.

Everyone in the crowd applauded for my now husband and he was handed the mic from Dave, his childhood best friend.

"So, this must be quite a surprise for you all, am I right?" He pointed the mic to the crowd and most of them shouted a 'yes'.

"Well, since every one of you performed on stage as a wedding gift for us, I also wanted to perform something to give my wife," I smiled timidly as everyone awed.

"Babygirl, this song is for you," he said and then piano music in the background started.

I immediately recognized the song as soon as he sang the first verse.

"I found a love for me," tears started to cloud my eyes in a second and I cupped my hand in front of my mouth to quiet my sobs already.

"Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead. Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me."

"Cause we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own and in your eyes, you're holding mine," he sang the chorus beautifully. Heck, I never even knew Andrew could sing in the first place!

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight."

By the now, some of our friends and family members started to either sing along with him, filmed him or just simply clapped to the rhythm.

I, on the other hand, was a crying mess. Quite ironic if you ask me because he just sang the chorus with the line in it.

"Well, I found a woman. Stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home. I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets. To carry love, to carry children of our own."

"We are still kids, but we're so in love. Fighting against all odds. I know we'll be alright this time. Darling, just hold my hand. Be my girl, I'll be your man. I see my future in your eyes," Andrew stared at me the whole time while I cried and he slowly descended from the stairs and walked his way towards me, still holding that mic in his hands and singing.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. I have faith in what I see, now I know I've met an angel in person and she looks perfect. I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight."

He ended the song with an 'I love you' and then wrapped his arms around me as I cried in his arms now. Applause was all around us and right now I was really glad that Thalia decided to put on waterproof make-up on me.

I guess you could say she kinda expected me to cry.

When Andrew pulled away from our embrace, he gave me a kiss on my lips and then cooed at me. I just continued to hiccup while he wiped a few tears away with his thumb by patting on it, so he doesn't ruin the foundation I have on.

"Was the song alright, baby?" I nodded my head, "were you this touched by my singing?" I nodded my head again, "then I'll sing this to you every time and anytime you want," he said and stared into my eyes lovingly.

"Hi, are you all alone here?"

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts after remembering the wonderful present Andrew gave me by singing for me. That was now four days ago and now we were on our honeymoon in Bora Bora.

"Miss?" I looked at the stranger in front of me. It was tall guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He had quite the figure and slightly tan, but he wasn't my type.

Because my type decided just a few minutes ago to get us something to drink and left me all alone on the beach.

It was currently around noon and I asked Andrew if we could go and take a walk before we went diving in the sea and he nodded, so here we are, out and about until he decided to go and buy us some drinks.

"Ehm...no, I am not," I told the guy in front of me cautiously. I didn't know him and he kinda made me uncomfortable by the way he eyed me up and down.

He looked disappointed for a second before he had that look on his face that only screamed danger to me.

"Well, I don't see your partner around currently. Could it be that he left you?" He asked with a smug look on his face and I shook my head in denial, "n-no, he was just-"

"Come on, babe. Let me take you to a fun place," he said and placed his hand on my shoulder. I shuddered in fear and started to protest, "no, w-wait. I don't wanna g-go, please l-leave me alone."

In my head I only begged for Andrew to hurry up and come back before this weird guy starts to drag me away.

"Why not? You're gonna like it, your boyfriend won't know a thing."

"Her husband is not gonna know what thing?" The guy stopped to push my body and turned around to look at Andrew. The moment he let go of my shoulder, I quickly bolted from my spot and hid behind Andrew in fear.

He put a protective arm over me to cover my body and stood tall in front of the guy. The guy eyed my husband up and down to assess him and with a 'tsk' he walked away.

When he was completely gone, Andrew turned around and started to assess me as well, but I think only to see if he had injured me.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did he hurt you in any way?" He started to ask questions and I only shook my head, "I'm alright, he didn't hurt me. I was so scared he might do something though," I told him and shivered even during this hot weather.

"It's okay, I'm here now," he pulled me in his embrace and stroked my head a couple of times as he mumbled out apologies for leaving me alone.

"It's okay, you just wanted to buy us drinks. But maybe let me tag along with you next time?" I asked and looked up at him with puppy dog eyes and he smiled, then nodded his head.

"I'll take you anywhere and everywhere with me from now on. I promise."

"Always and forever?" I questioned and he smiled, "always and forever, babygirl."

The End