Asking

Carls POV:
"Lizzie?" I asked.

She held her breath and she slowly let it out.

"Yeah." She said shakily.

"Why haven't we been hanging out. We used to all the time. Recently you e been really quiet. Are you hiding something?"

"Uh, no." She said with a higher pitched voice then normal.

"Lizzie. You're my best friend. You can't tell me."

"I can't." she said quickly.

"Lizzie. Please?"

"I can't. I just can't. I'm sorry."

"Lizzie. Tell me." I begged.

"I, I just can't." She started to stand up.

I pulled myself to my feet with her. She started to walk away. I held her arm. I looked at her.

"Lizzie."

"There is only one way I'll tell you. It's not using words."

"Why not."

"It's not as easy to say in words. I'm just to scared to say it to you're face. Please just close your eyes." She said shakily.

I shook my head and slowly closed my eyes. "Okay." I said.

The next thing I know something touched my lips for a split second and disappeared. My eyes shot open as I heard footsteps. The squeaky for didn't open.

I went out to the rails. I went around the whole thing. She faced northwest towards the woods. She sat against the wall with her eyes glued together.

I slid my back down the wall and sat right next to her.

"Lizzie." I whispered.

"I know. You hated it. I'm only you're friend." She said shoving her face into her knees.

"Lizzie."

"What. Yell at me I don't care."

"I'm not going to yell at you. Look at me." She opened her eyes and looked at me.

I saw a small tear run down her cheek. I set my hand on her cheek and wiped it away with my thumb. She eyed the ground. I lifted her chin.

"Lizzie look at me." I told her.

She slowly moves her chin up to face me. Tears wanting to splash out of her eyes.

"Don't cry. I didn't hate it."

"Then what was it?"

"I kinda liked it. I'm admitting that." I told her.

"I'm only your best friend." She said looking at the ground moving her chin out of my hand.

"Is that all you want to be?" I asked her.

She looked at me. "I don't know."

"Am I deciding?" I laughed.

"Um, I guess." She said quietly.

"Okay. Then we don't have to be just friends."