A New Guardian: Battle

Tooth held onto Jack's hand as they glided across the a frozen river. Tooth followed Jack's lead on command.

"Ready?" Jack said. Tooth nodded then Jack let go of her hand letting her skate the opposite direction, Tooth glided around in circles then began to do something with her wings, fluttering then faster than usual almost like a helicopter, lifting one leg up as she spun around in ballerina pose.

Jack skated closer to Tooth once she came to a stop. They glided towards one another. Tooth ran into Jack with a hand around his waist.

"You can kiss me if you want," Tooth said.

And so he did. Jack was smitten and awestruck for a second, but something didn't seem right. It felt fake and artificial, like kissing a ghost. The air began to turn hot and humid, the outskirts of the ice were melting. Jack found himself pulling his lips apart from someone else. A red headed girl.

He felt strangely lustful, then guilty and disgusted.

Ravin Breeze stared Jack in the eye, then placed a hand on his cheek. Kissing him a second time.

"Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me." Ravin mouthed.

Suddenly the ice rink began to melt.

Jack woke with a start. Sitting up on his bed, finding himself sleeping in North's living room, all the other guardians spread around the floor sound asleep in sleeping bags.

"What's wrong Jack?" someone asked.

Jack turned, it was only North. Jack scratched his head then looked away. Jack walked outside and ushered North to follow. He definitely didn't want anyone to overhear their conversation.

"Look," he said, "don't tell anyone, but, I think I have feelings ... for two girls."

"Ah. Girl problems," North coughed.

North pulled a heart out of his pocket and placed it into Jack's hand.

"Follow your heart," North whispered, "for if you're dishonest with your heart and the ones you love..." he looked at Jack's palm gesturing at the heart.

Jack looked into his palms and found a crack forming in between the wooden heart. It abruptly split in half. Jack was startled, then handed the heart back to North. He headed for the door, and flew off into the night sky.

Jack found himself lying on a fence, blocking the pathway between a snow covered path and a river. The night sky was so bright and dark blue in the night sky and the full moon. He wished Tooth were here. Something shuffled from inside the bushes, Jack held onto his staff in a defence stance.

"Trouble sleeping aye mate?" said a male Australian accent.

"Who needs sleep?" Jack said, "we're immortal, we're guardians. Last I remembered I didn't sleep for five whole months. Tooth used to go without sleep for years!"

Tooth. She was always the first thing on his mind now a days. When he first discovered he was the guardian of fun, he never would have imagined the Tooth fairy being such an important part of his life. He didn't think much about her at first, up until they defeated Pitch Black, he started to notice her in a different way. A crush. He still remembered that day she hugged him after they had saved the world from eternal darkness. Up until that day she had confessed her feelings and asked him out on a date. It was during that time that Jack had come to a realisation that he liked her too, she had guts. Jack's type of woman. Then Ravin Breeze came into his thoughts.

"I can agree with you there. But we are heading into battle, you know. Gotta save all the energy & strength we have." Bunny chimed in.

"Right," Jack brushed him off.