"I need to remember to lock my door more"

//TW: internalized homophobia

A disgruntled teenage boy opens a
package of Doritos at 3am.

This teenage boy is Dave Strider. He's sitting on a soft (yet dorky) bed covered in Minecraft bed sheets in the middle of Texas. He sighs and pops a chip into his mouth, laying down for dramatic effect (despite the choking hazard). He's disgruntled because he's in love with his best friend.

He can't be. Being gay is a sin.. isn't it? He swallows the Dorito and closes his eyes. Shameful hot tears start running down Dave's cheeks. He pulled the covers over his fluffy blonde hair. His eyes slowly fade into the darkness of the cloudy night.... until...

"D4V3 YOU FUCK1NG HOMO W4K3 UP!!!!!!!!"

Dave jerked out of his bed and looked to his doorway. Standing in the doorway was John, Ene, Terezi, and Konoha. "What's a homo?" Konoha questioned. "A homosexual, something I am not." Dave responded, rubbing his eyes of sleep.

"You might not be, John on the other hand...." Ene teased, motioning towards John who was staring straight at Dave with a dazed expression. He was confused as to why John was looking at him like that, until he looked down and realized he wasn't wearing a shirt.

He immediately covered his chest with his Minecraft bed sheets, his face going redder than his eyes. "Don't you guys ever knock??" Dave hissed. "W3 D1D! YOUR L4ZY 4SS JUST D1DNT W4NT TO W4K3 UP!" Terezi exclaimed, winking at him.

She slumped down on his gaming chair while John took his place at the foot of Dave's bed. Ene and Konoha remained at their spots in his doorway. "Why are you guys here, anyway?" Dave asked, somewhat frustrated.

"We...." John started, he studied everyone in the room who looked back at him with a concerned yet knowing expression. "-have something to tell you." The short boy finished.

"About what?" Dave furrowed his eyebrows at John, knowing his best friend wouldn't hide anything from him.

"Vriska."