Prologue

Do you know how does it feel like when you love your best friend more than you should have?

Probably not, but lemme tell you one thing; it sucks.

I've love Luke for as long as I could remember, but that baby giraffe is just too oblivious even for his own good.

No offence, I love how things were between us, but he was just so adorable and perfect in every way that I can't help but wanting something more. But I don't wanna ruin anything. So I keep my feeling to myself and just go with my days like how I always did. After all, I didn't think I would have any chance back to that day.

But one day, he came out to me and I was so ecstatic. It was like for the first time in forever, God finally hears my prayer. I thought I finally got my chance but seems like luck just wasn't on my side.

He likes someone else.
And that someone was a complete douchebag.

He finally came to the realisation about him being gay was because of this exact douchebag. He kept going on and on about how "amazing" this douchebag is and no matter how hard I tried to tell him that this douchebag is nothing but bad news, he wouldn't listen.

We fought a lot over this fucking douchebag.
I just want to protect him, but he wants nothing but his prince charming.

At first, I was kinda happy because it seems like his crush won't get him anywhere (as selfish as that sound). But then, this douchebag started to notice him outta the blue when usually, he never ever even spare us a glance.

They became close.
And one thing led to another, they're ended up being official.

And that day is the day when Ashton Irwin's heart shattered to pieces.

Luke was so, so happy that I don't have the heart to tell him about anything else but my best wishes. He looked even happier "knowing" that I "approve".

As days passed into months, he grew more and more distant with me.
Sure, we were still talking, hang out, and even cuddling at night. But he was closing himself.

It concerned me to no end and just to make matter worse, he suddenly choose to move out of our flat and into his lovely boyfriend's.

That, is when things got even more chaotic.