"You're acting all weird," Nile commented with a passive face.

"Do you really have the time to concern yourself with me when your crush is right there?" Isanna raised a brow at him with a teasing smirk, causing the boy to blush red. She was about to say more when she realized that Erwin also liked Marie. In the end, she zipped her lips shut.

While Nile and Erwin conversed with each other, Isanna took this chance to observe Marie as she tended to the other customers. Truly, one could tell that she was well-liked by everybody. One customer told her something (Isanna guessed he was a regular since they seemed close), and he looked like he was cracking a joke judging by the laugh Marie made. Her laugh wasn't the ugly, snorting pig kind of laugh, but it was the soft and gentle kind, the sides of her eyes creasing as she closed them as two dimples decorated her cheeks. Her movements were graceful and she had a pleasant personality, Isanna would've been convinced she was a noble lady of some sorts.

If 'ladylike' was a word, it would definitely be Marie.

The complete opposite of Isanna.

So that's Erwin's type, she thought, returning her eyes on the said blond. Isanna didn't notice the downward curves her lips made as she stared at him.

She was no match for a girl as perfect as Marie, and while Isanna was already aware of this and had prepared her heart, it couldn't prevent the sinking feeling in her chest.

Moments later, Marie had returned to their table and gave them their orders. Isanna held her cup of drink on the table and only stared as the three of them all engaged in an amiable conversation.

She felt left out and so out-of-place. If this was a school play, Isanna would've been the kid who played a side role. Not Villager A, and not even Villager B, but the one who played Tree F, or something like that.

Isanna stared at the blond, who was wearing the faintest of smiles while conversing with the girl. Isanna would never want to admit it, but his eyes screamed of adoration; years of sticking around with Erwin have helped her distinguish even the slightest change of emotions on him, so Isanna was definitely sure of what she was seeing. Maybe to some it wouldn't be obvious - after all, Erwin was a master when it came to suppressing feelings and usually only wore a calm and cool expression most of the time as if nothing would ever surprise him, as if the world could end in any second but he'd still wear that brick-faced look, but Isanna knew. She knew.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Isanna stood up from her chair, the action catching the attention of the other three.

"I'll just order something else," she particularly told Erwin upon receiving a curious look from him. "Sherry wine isn't my taste."

Marie straightened herself. "Oh, allow me to -"

"No."

Isanna blinked and realized she said that with more harshness than she intended for it to sound like. She gave Marie an apologetic smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I'll just go get something from the counter.

Marie blinked a few times and eventually nodded as Isanna walked away from their table, heading towards the counter.

Leaning her arm on the wood surface, Isanna called the bartender while her eyes briefly scanned the shelf of winery. "Give me your strongest drink."

While the bartender warmly nodded and smiled at her and went to prepare her order, a random guy had walked up and leaned on the spot beside Isanna.

"Hey beautiful," she peered at him with a bored look. "can I buy you a drink?"

Just my luck.