Entry 6

Dear Diary,

Have you ever heard of the term 'doppelganger'? Well, you're about to. Urban Dictionary (because I totally looked it up) describes it as "Someone that looks the exact same as another person, yet not a twin." = Me and Bella. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true. There are some differences, though. She's a LOT shorter than me. Like, a lot. I mean, dang, Alice looks normal compared to her. I wonder how Edward even kisses her when she's that short. Anyway, she's skinnier than me (not that I'm huge or anything), her hair is a shade lighter, and, duh, her eyes are gold. And her skin looks like a hobo's who's been living under a pile of his own filth for the past 10 years. No, not dirty! Pale. An ivory compared to my creamy. Big difference.

Aside from that, our features are identical. It's uncanny, really. When I first saw her, I thought there was something about her, something familiar. Then I caught my reflection in one of the Cullen's stylish lamps and realized the resemblance. So did everybody else.

A collective gasp echoed throughout the white room.

Silence ensued. I didn't know what was going on. All of a sudden, I could hear everyone's thoughts. Double through Edward's mind. It was all blank confusion.

They all sounded like: Why does Kylie look like Bella? Who is this girl? What the hell is going on? That one was Emmett. The rest looked back and forth between me and Bella while Bella and I just looked at each other, no one moving.

It was awkward.

So I said, "I have to go," and I was gone. I landed on my bed, huffing out air, my lungs just as shocked as I was.

And that's how I got here. I am still confused. I really don't know why we look the same. All I can sanely think right now is that I left all my stuff in their living room. I can't go back and get it because that would make it even more awkward, which I thought was an impossible feat.

I wish I knew what was going on right now with the Cullen's.

Oh, no, vision...

The Cullen's broke out of their frozen statures.

Bella spoke. "Was that...Kylie?"

Edward nodded. "Yes...I don't understand." He squeezed his wife's hand reassuringly, as if he had any comfort to give her. He looked at Emmett sharply. "What?"

"Yeah," Emmett replied.

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked.

"Emmett was remembering yesterday when someone appeared on our front yard. He thought they smelled like Bella used to when she was human," Edward answered.

"Now we know," Esme said.

"Who?" Jasper asked, obviously not in the loop.

"Kylie," they all replied.

"So, Kylie's a carbon copy of human Bella?" asked Emmett. "Wow."

Tell me about it.

Diary, I've never been quite sure what my life is for, but being the facsimile of a famous fictional character just doesn't make sense.

And I just found out I can see the Cullen's whenever I want to; their future, their past, their present.

It's way too early to sleep right now, but if I sleep I won't have to think about all of the confusing things I just learned.

I'm Kylie Varner trapped in Bella Swan's body.

Can I get out?