Chapter 2 - Beautiful Wisteria

Tanjiro's P.O.V.
((First person view this time!!!))

I woke up with my hands handcuffed with pure iron. Where did they get iron from? I then noticed a bag that smelled like it was full of supplies like water and food, and ropes and knives. When they looked over at me, I was pretending like I was trying to pull my hands out of the iron band. I really almost felt like laughing. Did they underestimate my strength so much? I decided to play along, and snarled at them. The woman with the purple eyes that reminded me of a never ending void stared at me, and finally said: "before you got knocked out by the poison, you said something about muzan but didn't get to finish your sentence. What was it? I'm shinobu by the way." She told me. "As if I would tell you jackshit!" I said to her with a rude tone.

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well, what you said was 'muzan will'. And just the fact that you said his name without dying on the spot means you're exceptional and exceptionally important to muzan. So, your'e coming with us. Be thankful we haven't killed you yet, by the way." She commented. It smelled like I had been knocked out for a few hours, since the smell in the air was the smell of afternoon. I huffed. "And how are you going to do just that? It's afternoon and extremely sunny."

"Well, we have something just for you...though we don't know if you'll be able to fit." Shinobu told me. I lowered an eyebrow. What was she talking about? Tomioka pointed at the wooden box beside him that had brass hinges. I looked at it in disgust. "I can't fit in that-" "then die in the sunlight" she said sweetly. I glared at her. To her, it was figure out a way to fit in that box or die. To me, it was reveal one power or reveal another power. Shrinking or sunwalking.

Of course, shrinking was the obvious choice, so I got up and opened the box from the top. They all watched me. I stepped inside and their eyes widened as I started to shrink. I shrank to a size that was comfortable, half the size of the box. They all walked over and gazed down at me in surprise, and I gazed back up at them, plastering on an innocent expression. I looked like a child, so why not act like one? I could fool them into believing that when I looked like a three year old I had the mindset of one. Shinobu giggled.

"He's such a cutie!" She said. Sanemi snarled and looked away. "He's still a demon kochou!" He walked away and I heard him pick up the bag full of supplies. "Tomioka, carry it. The beautiful human being that had continued to stare at me when the others left silently got up, and I  had to access what was going on by smell and hearing. The box was swiftly picked up with barely any shaking.

I hugged my knees. Was Tomioka naturally graceful or was he purposefully being careful? I shook that small hope off. Whatever exceptional feeling I was feeling for this human, it didn't change that I was a human and he was a demon. I sighed. I didn't regret being a demon...perhaps if Tomioka was one- I could turn him into one...if I could only bite him and inject my blood into him, but that wouldn't help.

They took me out of the village and through the woods. After some time I smelled akaza following us. Upper moon three. Kokushibo was busy doing something for muzan, and douma was only stealthy when he wanted to be, so the next best choice was akaza, of course. However, I started to smell something horrible. I wasn't sure if we were even going in that direction, but soon enough, the smell was stronger than ever. I gagged. Wisteria flowers.

Beautiful purple flowers that hung like Chandeliers off of trees. But they were toxic to demons. One touch and we would disintegrate. Why were they taking me here? Well, it would be the ideal place to imprison a demon. Gate hinges creaked and an old woman's voice said "welcome to the wisteria recovery house!" Wisteria recovery house? Then I remembered that I had severely wounded Tomioka and sanemi. It hurt me to wound Tomioka or even scratch him, really.