8: Kitchen

I let out a loud gasp and touched my neck as I shot up to a sitting position. It was just a dream.

I grabbed my phone and saw that it was midnight. I got off the bed, put on some sweat pants and headed to the kitchen for some water. That dream had me messed up.

I walked out of the room and it seemed everyone was still asleep, I hadn't woken them. I grabbed an empty glass from the cabinet and filled it up with water from the tap. Drinking, I thought back to the dream. Fuck, did I really want this Witch?

"Hi." I almost choked on the water when I heard her voice.

She scared the shit out of me, I didn't even sense her. No one has ever been able to sneak up on me like that. I quickly turned around after placing the cup on the counter. She had an amused look on her face.

"Did I scare you?" She teased as she leaned against the entryway.

I subconsciously rubbed the back of my neck. "Nah, you just caught me by surprise."

A small smile appeared on her face for just a second. Yeah, I looked like an idiot in front of her.

"You just coming in?" I asked her. I finally took notice of her appearance and damn she looked sexy. Tight black jeans, a leather jacket, and delicious red lips.

"Yes," was her short answer. I thought she would clarify even more, but I was wrong. I leaned back against the counter and stared straight at her and she returned the stare with a raised eyebrow.

"If you don't mind me asking, where'd you go?"

"Out." She said in monotone.

"Okay, I guess you do mind." I moved away from the counter, not taking my eyes away from her. "How am I suppose to trust you?"

I think this caught her off guard because her eyes widened a bit. She sighed. "I have things I can't share with you just yet."

I tensed because I felt this was something huge. I wanted to know now, I was tired of all these mysteries in my life.

"I don't need your help if I'm being kept in the dark. The past ten years I've been in darkness." I said with hurt evident in my tone.

Amira seemed to empathize with me as she sighed and finally said what I wanted to hear.

"Okay."

"Okay what?" I said confused.

"I'll tell you what you want to know." She stepped closer to me and suddenly placed her hands on either side of my temples.

My mind started swirling like if I was being sucked into a black hole. It stopped as soon as a flash of a memory appeared in my mind. It was a memory of the birth of a child and a cloud of black smoke appearing next to the newborn. The smoke transformed into a person that I couldn't quite make out. The memory played in my mind like a movie scene. The instant I pulled out of the memory, I grabbed onto Amira's wrist as I slightly stumbled back.

"What the hell was that?" I was in shock which made my voice louder than intended.

Amira removed herself from my grasp and took a step back. "Do you remember when I told you about Familiars?" I didn't have to answer as she continued explaining.

"What you saw was the day of my birth and the person that appeared from the black smoke is... my Familiar." Her voice was soft and low.

"What? How is that possible?"

" I don't know how it's possible, but as you can see, Ky appeared the day I was born." I passed my hands through my hair as I tried registering this information.