zero

Six Years Ago

"You wanted to see me Chiron?"

Everyone in the rooms attention went straight to the ten year old blonde girl with big bright blue eyes who had just walked into the building. Feeling the stares of the strangers the young child looks down to the floor as she walks to the Centaur standing in the middle of the room.

Bending down to her height Chiron gently says to her, "Artemisia we have a special mission for you if you are up for it."

At the mention of a new task the young Artemisia's ears perk up. Instantly she moves her gaze from the ground to the friendly man standing in front of her. "Of course Chiron, what do I need to do?" the girl asks trying to hide her enthusiasm.

"We need to send someone to look after one of the other demigods in the human world. To make sure he stays out of trouble and is protected." he informs the beaming child before continuing. "I couldn't think of anyone more suited for this job than someone with skills such as yourself. Can I trust that you will fulfill this role if I let you take part in it?" he questions the young archer standing in front of him.

Not being able to contain her excitement the blonde nods her head repeatedly as she says, "Yes sir you can trust me, I will do whatever it takes to protect him no matter the cost."

"Very well then." Chiron says with a satisfied smile as he stands back up to his full height. "Artemisia Ashford, daughter of Artemis, you will be joining myself and Mr. Underwood," he pauses to nod in the direction of a young Satyr that the blonde had just noticed was standing in the corner of the room wearing a friendly smile, "to the borough of Manhattan located in New York City, New York to watch over Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon. I am trusting that you two carry out your assignment without having any casualties." he says before directing his attention to the girl standing in front of him, "Do not disappoint me."

Little did young Artemisia know that this 'assignment' would change the rest of her life forever. But then again, she never was one to turn down the opportunity for an adventure.