Chapter 3: shoulders

Y/n's pov

Dude- wtf I don't even like Noah like that.
I brush it off and continue walking into the cabin. Chloe and Olivia are sitting on Chloe's bed while the others are gone somewhere. "Hey guys" I say. "Heyyyy how was your tour?" Olivia asks. "Fine I guess why?" I say. "Oh nothin..." Chloe says smirking. "Umm Okay, I'm just gonna put my hiking boots on now" i say walking over to my suitcase. I sit next to them and put on my boots. They're still smiling at me. "Uhhhh are you guys okay?" I ask them.

"Oh we're just great" Chloe says STILL smiling . "Then why you staring at me like that!" I say. "Like what?" Olivia says as she giggles. "Okay I'm leaving" I say as I stand up in a huff. Why can't they just tell me what's up?! "Y/n wait!" Olivia calls out.

I go out to the main field area where everyone else is standing. I see Zoe looking at me. I give her a dirty look and look away quickly. I then spot Ali, Jess and Veronica, I head over to them. "Hey guys!" I say happily. "Oh hey y/n!" Ali says. Suddenly one of the councilors blow their whistles. I hear a door swing open and see Chloe and Olivia rushing out of our cabin. The walk over fast and stand near me. "Alright guys were going on a hike up the mountain so I want you all to pick a partner or a group of 3 to stick together" one of the councilors say. "Y/n we're sorry, we didn't mean to hurt your feelings it's just-" Chloe starts as she's cut of by Noah.

"Hey y/n wanna be partners?" He asks. "Umm sure" I say. "Great." He says as he puts his arm out. I link it and we both start laughing. I turn to Chloe and Olivia and say "it's okay guys I forgive you I wasn't that mad, can I be partners with Noah if that's okay?". "Of course!" Olivia says.

The whole group starts moving through the forest so we follow. I unlink arms with Noah and turn to him "why did you wanna be partners with me anyway?" I ask him. "Oh just because I wanna get to know you better". "Well we have like 4 hours to talk so I wanna get to know you too" I say smiling.

The forest starts thinning and we're led to a path which reveals a ginormous mountain. "Okay let's start, Where are you from?" Noah says. "Ireland, you already know that" I laugh. "No I meant like now, where do you live now dumbo" he says. "Ohhhh well I'm from New York now I guess, I think it's a town called Scarsdale I'm not too sure though" I tell him. Noah's jaw drops "no way, I'm from Scarsdale too". "Oh my gosh" I squeal. "We could be neighbors!" He exclaims. "Well we'd have some luck if we were" I laugh "I have barely seen the area though, so I have no idea where I live". Noah laughs too.

"Okay well what's your favorite tv show?" He asks me. "Ummm chilling adventures of Sabrina" I say. "Well I guess I have to watch it all with you now after summer" he says. "Oki" I say. "what's yours?" I ask him. "Brooklyn 99" He replies. "Omg I love Brooklyn 99 too, who's your favorite?" I say excitedly. "Jake" Noah says. "Mmm mines rosa" I say.

Noah takes a massive breath, were trekking up a steep hill now. "Already out of breath- Wait what's your last name, I never asked" i laugh. "It's Schnapp" he says. "Already out of breath Schnapp?" I ask him. "Nahhh I could go on for ages" he says tryna look tough. I can't help but notice his muscles on his arms. "What's yours?" He says. "Oh it's y/l/n" I tell him. "Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool" He says and we
burst our laughing. "Nice Brooklyn 99 joke" I say.

We're about halfway to the top until I turn around to look at the view. I can get a much better view of the camp from here, along with the thick woods. "The views beautiful isn't it?" Noah says. "Yeah" I reply.

I feel like I've known Noah for ages, we connected straight away and he makes me comfortable. I learned things about him like how his birthdays october 3rd and how he's a libra. How he hates turkey and coffee and loves gogo squeezes. His fav actor is zendaya and he wants to be an actor when he's older. (Noah isn't famous in this story and some of this is made up) his favorite sport is swimming and he likes winter more then summer. His favorite soda is coke and his favorite band is twenty one pilots. He has two dogs called spaghetti and Riley (HE SHOULD CALLED RILEY MEATBALLS BECAUSE IT WOULDVE BEEN SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS SORRY IVE BEEN KEEPING THT IN FOR A WHILE) and him and Chloe are actually twins. I told him about my life back home well... except for Dylan.

We finally reached the top of the mountain and everyone stops to take a break. "Hey y/n?" Noah says. "Yeah" I answer. "You see that place over by the lake?" Noah says as he points down to the bottom of the mountain. "No" I say trying to find where he's pointing. "Down there, by the clump of trees" he continues. "I can't see what your pointing at Noah" I tell him. "Here, get on my shoulders" he says. "How's that meant to help" I say smirking. "Because your short." He says. "I am not! I'm like an inch smaller than you!" I protest. "Okay okay I was joking, but seriously get in my shoulders you'll see it better" he says. I sigh and go over to him. I climb onto a rock and hop onto Noah's shoulders. He clutches my legs and then gestures his head down to bottom of the mountain. I focus my eyes on a big waterfall. "The waterfall?" I question. "Yeahhh, if you go behind it there's a cave there" Noah explains. "Ohhh Cool, and why are you showing me this?" I say. "Because I wanna show it to you tonight" he says. "Tonight? Like when" I say. "At 12 I guess" Noah says. "But that's like after curfew" I say panicked. "It's fine, I've been there many times after curfew, we won't be caught" he says. Do I trust him?.... "Wait, how come you've been there so many times after curfew?" I ask him suspiciously. "Umm I've brought a fair share of girls there" he laughs awkwardly. "Oohhhh Noah's a player" I laugh jokingly as I fluff up his hair with my hands. "Shut up" he laughs "I just wanna show you the cave though not do anything else". "Awww" i say. He looks up at me, surprised. "I'm joking now put me down" I laugh. He laughs awkwardly and bends down for me to hop off.

Suddenly the councilors whistle runs through the air and everyone gets up and starts walking. Noah and I continue to talk all the way down the mountain until we go our separate ways to get ready for the campfire tonight.