chapter thirteen

warning chapter contains violence, attempt suicide. read at your own risk.

3 months later

Taehyung is in his dressing room area. Just three months had passed and he’s now looking at himself in the huge mirror. The suit he had put on an hour ago felt a little hot, but he had gotten used to it. Taehyung still can't believe that today is the day that he is getting married to his best friend.

He’s always heard that this day was special for anyone and how emotional they get, but looking at it now, he could only gaze into the mirror sadly. Taehyung loves Hoseok, but not as a lover, but as a best friend so it felt eerie to be the one standing in the room with his suit on.

Mina comes and stands behind him, taking in his dull expressions. She sighs and places her chin on his shoulder, looking a bit taller with her high heels on as she glances at the boy in the mirror.

She probably had a lot to say considering that it was shocking news after his outburst of getting married to Hoseok. It made her feel guilty once more that he was in this position, but she knows it was just an excuse to save her from the wedding.

Truthfully, Taehyung doesn’t want to get married, but he had made the choice when he had accepted his step parents' agreement of marriage with Hoseok. Not that he has anything against Hoseok, he just never thought of marriage or anyone even asking for his hand in marriage.

Taehyung has always secluded himself from the world and anyone and has lived a comforting life for which he has been thankful ever since Mina’s parents took him in and raised him. But now everything seems to be going fast and he’s not sure if he’s ready to start a new chapter in his life. It’s all too terrifying.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean I can tell from your face that you have other things on your mind." Mina says softly and Taehyung blinks, turning around to give her full attention.

Taehyung's light makeup was done neatly even though it wasn’t necessary since he'd rather go natural and hair parted in the middle so delicately that he dared not to touch and ruin the hard work the hair stylist had put into it.

"I'm okay..in fact if I didn't agree then I would have their claws stuck to me and been forced to do this, but I'm willing to do it. So don't feel bad. It's not your fault." Taehyung knows what she’s thinking with the look of guilt he had noticed earlier. Her eyes soften and with another glance at him she suddenly becomes an emotional mess.

There was still something stuck in the back of his head. Like this whole wedding ceremony did not feel right. Others may find this such an amazing event, but he feels empty. He couldn't help but think about Jungkook and how much time had passed since he hadn’t heard about the latter. 

As much as he had gone to the trouble of killing Mr Jeon and running away, it felt odd that Jungkook had found him and almost killed him, but he didn't. Since then he has not seen him. Did he possibly forget about him and moved on?

He feels stupid. The fuck is he thinking. Taehyung killed his father and nothing else to it. Jungkook was his kidnapper and he escaped. So end of story. He’s getting married to Hoseok, but his consciousness wasn't helping with his anxiety as he thought of Jungkook.

"Earth to Taehyung...Taehyung?" Mina waves her hand in front of his face, seeing him in a daze state. Taehyung snaps back to reality and breathes, shaking his head out of those thoughts and squints his eyes to look at her.

"What happened?" Taehyung looks around the empty room realizing that the ceremony will start soon and that Mina had agreed to be the one who’d walk him down the aisle.