Chapter 30

Slytherin common room later that night.

"So what do you lot think, huh?" asked Pansy to the two Slytherin boys who were sitting next to her at the round table, nose deep in the essays they were writing.

"About what?" asked Blaise, looking up from his parchment.

"About Malfoy and Granger, of course."

"I'm in no mood to gossip, Miss Parkinson," replied Blaise, shaking his head and returning to scribbling words with his quill.

"Thank you for blessing us with such an interesting and vivacious character this evening, Mr Zabini," said Theo, mockingly, as he set his quill down and leaned back in his chair. "Still in pain from when Luna pegged you?"

"That is an entirely private matter-"

"What, that you took a ten inch strap on up the arse?" Theo continued with a smirk.

"While it is all very interesting hearing about Blaise's sex life," said Pansy. "I want to gossip right now and you will comply, Theo, or I'll go borrow Luna's strap on right now."

"Alright, alright," he replied very quickly, holding his arms up in defence. "Not entirely keen on having Blaise's sloppy seconds."

"You know you love it," replied Pansy with a wink. Theo squeezed her hand from under the table.

"I think they're both just infatuated as each, but both too scared to admit it," said Blaise, still writing on his parchment.

"Basically, they're both stubborn cunts," summarised Theo.

"You know what I want? I want Draco to confess his feelings to us," said Pansy slowly and mischievously.

"There's more of a probability of Snape winning most charming smile in the Witch Weekly than Draco ever being candid about his feelings," Theo scoffed.

"How about we trick him into it?" Pansy proposed, her lips curled up in a devious smile.

"I don't think that would be kind-" began Blaise.

"Oh for fuck's sake Blaise, be a true Slytherin for once and go along with it," she cried.

"What do you have in mind, princess?" asked Theo.

Pansy looked at them both and smiled.

~

It wasn't long before Draco Malfoy walked into the common room and was immediately called over by the trio sitting at the round table.

"Oi, Draco, move your pretty arse over here," shouted Theo.

"Only because you asked so nicely," replied Draco with a scowl as he took a seat next to Blaise.

"No thank you for me complimenting your derrière?"

"Absolutely not."

"It's just so peachy and-"

"Watch it, Nott, you don't want your girlfriend finding out about us, now do you?" Malfoy joked, warming up a little.

Theo pulled out a little metallic case from his pocket and drew out one of the cigarettes it contained.

"Have either of you got something to say to me?" asked Pansy, pressing her hands against her hips in false anger. "Or would you rather stay quiet and pay me an adequate recompense instead?"

After lighting the end, and taking the first drag, Theo replied: "the latter, I suppose. Can't go out revealing all my deepest, darkest secrets."

Pansy smirked as she held out her hand to him, lifting the tip of her fingers up demandingly. Theo rolled his eyes and placed one of his cigarettes in her palm alongside his silver zippo lighter.