Chapter Eleven

"How's filming going?" Yacht asked as he placed a mug of hot chocolate on the counter. I took the mug with my barehands and drunk it in one shot, ignoring the burning sensation in my mouth. Wiping my lip, I clunked the mug down and sighed. "It's almost over. But since the characters we act as are going to be a pair, I keep falling deeper for him." I don't know whether I should curse the drama or thank it. Is it even worth it if I'm the only one who feels something? Still, I want to shoot my shot.. somehow. "Oh! I saw the pictures for your series! Y'all look cute together," Yacht teased.

I heard the bell jingle and turned to see a beautiful woman who seems into her early twenties enter the cafe. Her soft and delicate features would make anyone fall in love regardless of gender. Except for me though, since I swing the other way. Her face was so familiar that I squinted my eyes to get a better look. That's when it hit me. Isn't she...
Boun's ex-girlfriend? I nudged Yacht hard on the arm to inform him about my discovery. "Holy shit.. why did he drop her again?" I dug my head to hide myself from her noticing me but then again, why should I? She probably doesn't even know me.

"You're Prem, right?" My eyes widened when she slipped on a seat next to me, resting her arm on the counter. I was in a lost. I didn't know how to answer since she suddenly said that of the blue. "You like Boun dont you?" My body froze as I looked at her threatening eyes. It was not the same innocent ones as when she entered the cafe. "Oh my god, could you be any more obvious?!" She scoffed as she wrapped the arms together. Pressing her index finger on my chest, she warned me sternly, "I'm telling you to give up. Why would Boun like someone like you? You're just wasting your time." She chuckled as she watched me stay in silence. "After the promotion, cut all ties with him. Got it?" She got up and dusted her floral dress before turning around. "No."

"What?" She turned around in shock. I walked towards her and broke out a smile. "I have liked Boun for a while now, I'm not going to give up just because of an ex-girlfriend of his." Before she could talk back, I lightly pushed her to the entrance the cafe and opened the door. "Remember to work on that ugly personality of yours babe." I winked at her before shutting the door on her face. I walked back to the front counter and high fived Yacht who was congratulating me. "What a way to end a mess without creating a big mess." I laughed along with him as I sat down. "Not going back to your room?"
"Nah-"
Ding
I pulled out my phone from my pocket and stared at the notification that I have just received. With a nervous laugh, I slowly excused myself before running out of the cafe.

...

As soon as I opened the door, I heard some cliche romcom blaring out of the television. Somehow, it was not loud enough for Boun to not hear my footsteps. Turning off the television, he turned to me and smirked. "Come back. You okay in the head?" Boun tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.
"I should be asking you that. Coming back to our room with only a two word message, you're just like a dog." I rolled my eyes before sitting on the smaller couch away from him. The room was so silent that I could hear a pin drop as no one said a word. The silence only broke when Boun started to speak. "Let's play two truths, one lie." I turned my head towards him in confusion. "I'll start. One, im 183cm. Two, I have a gucci necklace. And three, I would not like to know you better." As soon as I heard the first two options, I knew the last one would be a lie. That's basically what happens what you've been Boun fan all your life. "The last one.." I answered inaudibly. Boun placed his hand near his ear and waved it making me sigh. I repeated my answer but more loud and clearly which made him let out a satisfied smile.

"I heard that you talked to my ex." Boun said as he grabbed a book. My eyes widened as my body sprung up. "Prem, do you like me?" I waved my hand and shook my head furiously. It'll be a disaster if he finds out. If he knows, I'll for sure lose. "Of course not- wait. What does this have to do with the lie?" He leaned his head back as he brushed his hair and stared deeply at the ceiling. "Nothing. Even though we're considered friends, we don't act like one." That's right. The drama shooting is nearly over and our relationship hasn't made much progress.
"Sure let's do that."