Chapter Ten

...
Did he just say that.
oh my god.

I was a blushing mess after I heard what he said. I cupped my ears to avoid Boun from noticing my red ears and continued on the conversation. "Like the rude side, y'know?" I paused before going on. "But since you only act like this towards me.. then try to treat me nicer." Boun tilted his head as he scratched his nape. "How?" As soon as he said that, my mind started making up plans. I could use this opportunity to be closer to him. Of course as a friend. I fiddled with my fingers while silently giggling which caught Boun's attention.
"You okay in the head? You look like a girl wanting to ask her crush out." That sentence shot me back into reality and I started to panic. I got on my feet before rushing out of the cafe. Boun had a puzzled look on his face as he remained in his seat.
"..I'll finish your cake for you then."
...

"Is it okay?"

"My heart? Of course not, it was beating like crazy," I said to Yacht on the phone.

"No, I meant your fucking dumb ass. Why would you run away like that? You should prioritise all of your time with him," Yacht replied with a sigh.

"First of all, shut up. Secondly, won't he think that I'm annoying?" I whined.

"If he thought you were annoying, he would have probably ignored you from the beginning. Unless he's just tolerating with ass like I did for the past years."

"So what should I do?"

"Uhm.. doesn't he have a girlfriend? Try to prove that you are better than her to him or something, but don't make it obvious."

"That's surprisingly a good idea.."

"Duh. Now go sleep because I don't want to hear you complain again."

And with that, the call ended. I snuggled into bed as I thought of Yacht's proposal. I'm not much of a forward person so how do I do it? I kicked my legs in frustration and pouted. After much thinking, I settled to not do anything till the day after tomorrow since Boun has to meet his girlfriend for her birthday tomorrow. It felt wrong but then again I was not going to force it. I don't expect Boun to like me back or anything, just maybe see me as someone who he can trust and rely on.

...

"Cut! Good job for today."

I thanked the staff before going to get changed. Day two was done and it was much more smooth than the previous day. I got adequate sleep and remembered all the lines by heart, it was a nice feeling. As I scrolled through my phone, I heard a deep voice call out for me. I ran towards it to be met with.. Boun's manager? He was in a state of panic as he told me that he was not able reach out to Boun at all.
"Ah.. well you see.. he's busy right now." He raised an eyebrow and folded his arms before questioning me.
"Busy with what?! He should have contacted me beforehand." I felt beads of cold sweat trickle down my forehead as I tried to come up with an excuse.
"W-well its a family member's birthday today so he had to head back!"

"As far as I know, none of his family members has a birthday today?" Boun's manager replied with a confused look. He suddenly took out a notebook and began flipping through the pages. I was astounded at how he know their birthdays but soon began worried at wondering how to cover up Boun.
"Uh.. well.. it's his great aunt's birthday.. yeah! She barely visits the family so its like a one time opportunity..!" I nodded with a grin as I patted his shoulder. Boun's manager stared deep into my eyes with his pitch black pupils, I was unable to read his expression. What was he thinking? Murdering me? I twitched as he closed his notebook before walking off. I sighed in relief and wiped off the sweat that formed on my forehead.
...

10pm

I heard the doorlock unlock and looked over to see Boun who look.. tired? Boun sat down on the couch next to me and was playing with a rather familiar rose in his fingers. "Hey, why did you not give your girlfriend the rose?" I asked in a serious tone. Boun stopped and brought his face near to mine. My breath hitched as I felt his warm breath against my ear. "Correction, ex-girlfriend." I gasped in shock and grabbed his shoulders. I began bombaring him with questions with a single breath. My words were cut off as Boun pressed the rose against my lips. He grab my hand and wrapped it around the stem.
"Just.. I realised I did not like her that way? I guess im still waiting for the one." I pressed my lips together and looked down. Twirling the rose around, my heart started to feel a sense of hope. Do I really have a chance?