Chapter 67

It was a big relief to Jenna that the first task of the tournament went all right without Harry actually being burnt to death by a dragon. But she sure did think that it was clever of him to summon his broomstick to collect the golden egg, which was the clue for the next task.

Although another thing she was glad about was that Harry and Ron had made up and were friends again. Jenna thought that this really could help Harry and decrease the pressure he was facing for the tournament.

Not too long after, the whole school was surprised by an unexpected task when the teachers announced it to them, which was the Yule Ball taking place on Christmas eve.

Jenna was rather grumpy that they didn't have such tradition back at their time at Hogwarts, because she knew how fun dances such as this would've been. Not to mention she still hadn't forgotten how hot Sirius looked in a tuxedo.

That day, Jenna was sleeping in her cat form in the dorm, at the bottom of Hermione's bed. The room was empty and none of the girls were there, so she was enjoying the quietness to the fullest.

Although Crookshanks's yellow eyes snapped open when someone burst into the room and slammed the door behind them angrily, walking in.

Jenna looked up, seeing that it was Hermione, and she was obviously mad at something.

Making sure that no one was going to follow Hermione inside the dorm, Jenna hopped off the bed and suddenly transformed into her human form.

"Hey!" said Jenna brightly.

"AARGH!" Hermione screamed in shock, abruptly turning around to see the woman standing before her.

Although Jenna's eyes widened when she heard footsteps approaching their dorm hastily. So Jenna quickly turned back into Crookshanks as the door opened and a girl peered her head inside, just to check if everything was fine.

"You okay, Hermione? I heard a scream," said the girl, looking at Hermione with concern.

"I — yes — everything's fine, Katie. I just — I thought I had lost a book — but it's here." Hermione laughed nervously as she said the first thing that came into her mind, hoping that the girl would buy it.

"Oh... all right, I guess..." Katie said unsurely, leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Hermione then sighed in relief.

Rolling her eyes playfully, Jenna turned back again to her human form and quickly took out her wand and pointed it at the dorm's door, casting a few enchantments to keep their conversation private and to keep people away from bursting in.

"You've got to stop doing that!" Hermione scolded, placing a hand over her fast-beating heart.

"Now why would I do that?" Jenna grinned, sitting at the edge of her bed. "This is just way too fun."

Hermione gave her look, but didn't say anything else, because she didn't want to sound disrespectful toward Harry's aunt.

"So what's got you all bothered?" Jenna questioned, missing having someone to talk to.

"It's... nothing," Hermione mumbled, looking out of the dorm's window.

"Oh, c'mon! You can talk to me!" said Jenna eagerly. "I'm supposed to be your cat-who's-actually-a-human-who's-actually-your-friend's-aunt! That's a pretty special bond!"

Hermione couldn't help but smile at those words. So she finally sighed in defeat, turning to face Jenna as she said, "Someone asked me out to the Ball... but then Ronald — he supposes that I'm lying to them!"

"Oooh, who asked you?" Jenna asked excitedly, her eyes practically glimmering.

"It's... well... Victor Krum."

"WHAT!?" Jenna exclaimed in shock, her eyes widening. "You're kidding!"

Hermione shook her head lightly, a little smile playing at the edge of her lips.

"I know he's new to Quidditch, but from all that I've heard from the Weasleys over summer, he's an amazing Seeker!" said Jenna. "I mean — an actual international and professional Quidditch player asked you out! And not to mention one of the champions! How on earth did that happen!?"

Hermione giggled at Jenna's excitement. It was obvious that the woman truly missed gossiping. So Hermione went and sat beside her on the bed.

"Well, he always used to come to the library, sitting a few feet away from me and read," Hermione started, smiling happily now, "but turns out, he was there because he wanted to talk to me! Although he said he'd never found the courage to do it. But he finally came up to me and asked me to go to the Yule Ball with him!"

"Oh, shut the f — er — front door!" Jenna laughed, clapping her hands together. "Who are the guys going with, that they're dumb enough not to believe that you have a date?"

"No one." Hermione rolled her eyes. "Harry asked Cho Chang, but she said she was going with someone else. And Ron sort of lost control and asked Fleur, but then ran for it."

Jenna snorted at that. "Wait — which one was Cho again?"

"Um... that pretty Ravenclaw girl? She's a Seeker for their House," Hermione explained.

"Oh, yeah. I saw her last year when I came to watch the match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. But I didn't know Harry actually fancied her," Jenna grinned.

"Yeah, I suppose he does."

"Well, forget about them." Jenna shook her hands impatiently, before turning to look at Hermione again with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes. "What are you going to do for the Ball?"

Hermione raised a brow at her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what are you going to wear? How are you gonna make your hair?"

Hermione chuckled. "Is it really important?"

"Yeah, duh!"

"Well, I do have a dress already... but I don't know about the hair or the make-up or anything else, to be honest..."

But Jenna only grinned. "Leave that to me."