- chapter 18 • lighter -

Start from the beginning

"Still leaving." Akaashi stuttered a bit. Bokuto sat there chuckling to his own joke. "At least I still have my boxers on.." Akaashi whispered to himself.

Akaashi jumped out of the bed and stumbled when he walked a bit. He found the pants on the ground and pulled them up his legs. He took a shirt from Bokuto's dresser and sighed.

"Kaashi. Serious question, actually two." Bokuto spoke up, finally stopped his laughing attack.

"Yes, Bokuto-san?" Akaashi turned his head.

"Make that three." He groaned. "One, how in the hell are you so jacked? Please give me your workout routine or something!"

"Your hurt at the moment, so no." Akaashi shifted on his feet, a hard headache punched at his head.

Bokuto whined, "Two.. where in the hell did you get that weed? I mean you were so high last night, I need some of that.." Bokuto laughed to himself. Akaashi was silent. "But honestly I don't like you getting so high.. it's not good for you." He leaned back onto the pillows.

"Don't care about my health.. I don't like it." Akaashi breathed out.

"Your annoying. Anyways, third one, can you drop the -san? Don't be formal, call me Kōtarō! I mean we've been through so much already." Bokuto exclaimed.

"No. And don't say anything back yet." Akaashi stopped him from breaking out with questions. "What even happened last night? What did I do..?" Akaashi fell on the bed.

Bokuto hesitated for a minute, "It's best you don't know.."

Akaashi huffed, "Fine with me.."

"We should do something!" Bokuto yelled.

"No. I still am mad with you from yesterday.. and I need to go take a smoke." Akaashi blurt out.

Bokuto sat there. "Sorry.." He mumbled. Akaashi sat up and put his elbows on his knees, he looked at the ground.

"I think.. we should spend some time apart for a bit.. I mean look at us, we're both fucked up. I do drugs, you got shot! I mean, nothing good happens with us two together." He laughed to himself.

"If that's what you really want." Bokuto's heart hurt. Akaashi couldn't believe how he just accepted, did he really want to spend time apart with him? "But-" Akaashi's heart fluttered a bit, maybe he'll say no? Please say no..

"But who will push me in my wheelchair?!" Bokuto exclaimed.

"Of course you'd say that.." Akaashi laughed. "You have Kuroo.." Akaashi sighed a bit.

"I do have him.." Bokuto laughed a bit. "You know.. it kind of sounds like we're breaking up.." Bokuto chuckled.

"It does.. it's for the best, for now!" Akaashi tried to convince himself, he knew it would just tear himself apart. All of the pain he went through seeing Bokuto in the hospital, all of the break downs, tears, blood. Akaashi cracked a smile and stood up.

Bokuto forced a smile and waved a bit. Akaashi walked to the door and held the handle, his hand was trembling.

"I'll see you soon, Kōtarō.." Akaashi smiled and stepped out the room.

Bokuto sat there, completely ripped apart. He did say his first name.. he smiled.

~

Akaashi's stomach hurt right when he stepped out. He clutched his stomach and ran down the stairs, jumping down three steps at a time he knew he was going to puke.

Running out the building and around, he spilled his guts. Throwing up chunks and more. It felt like he was throwing up for a lifetime. It was probably what he smoked last night.

After wiping his mouth he stood up and leaned against the wall. He took out a cigarette, putting it in between his lips he realized that he left his lighter.

"Damn ittt!" He groaned and slid down the wall. He sighed and sat that with the unlighted cigarette in his mouth.

Out of the corner of his eyes he say a figure walk next to him. The person squatted next to him.

"Need a lighter?" He said calmly.

"That would be appreciated.." Akaashi laughed a bit.

The guy pulled the lighter out of his pocket and sat next to him. Sparking the lighter, Akaashi leaned over and lit the cigarette.

"Can I have one?" He sighed.

Akaashi took the small box out and gave it to the guy. He pulled one out and lit his own.

"Suna, Suna Rintarō.." He sighed, breathing out the white puff of smoke.

"Akaashi Keiji.." Akaashi puffed out the smoke.

•••

a/n: Well.. they separated! More chaos to come, don't worry 😉 Again, sorry I'm advance! What horrible writing you have.. yea I know. HAHA