𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 || 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I noticed was Stan curled next to me, breathing softly. I watched him sleep for a minute, smiling to myself. He had ended up staying the night after giving the camera to his mother.

I looked over him out the window, only to be met with rain. It was a full storm out there, and according to the news, it would only get worse. I snapped my eyes back to Stan, leaning against the headboard. I was surprised that the loud rumbles of thunder didn't wake him. I thought for a minute before grabbing my sketchbook and began drawing Stan- his peaceful, handsome face, his messy curls, the cheekbones.

But of course after a while I just ended up looking at him.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to say something?" He murmured, opening his chocolate-brown eyes and smiling at me gently.

I looked away quickly, my face red. "I wasn't staring," I mumbled.

He sat up, propping himself up with his arms behind his back, and chuckled. "I don't mind it if you were."

"Really? Usually it would creep someone out."

"I mean, yeah, if it was anyone else, I probably would, but it's fucking you. I can't exactly be creeped out by you." Pink dusted his cheeks as he looked at me.

"Stan, honestly, this is why-" 

"Okay, enough fucking my sister," Richie announced, waltzing in my room like he owned it.

"Dude, really?" Stan hissed. "Don't you know how to knock?"

"Don't you know how to sleep in your own bed?" He shot back.

Stan rolled his eyes while I snapped, "Is there a reason you came in or did you just want to ruin our day?"

"Actually," Richie began, folding his arms. "Mom made pancakes. She told me to wake you two up, and I was like 'Two? Last time I checked, I only had one sister', and she was like-"

"Richie, I didn't ask for your life story," I said blitheringly. "Now get out before I beat your ass with a baseball bat."

Once Richie left, Stan stood up and stretched dramatically. Sometime last night he had changed into a baggy shirt and sweatpants, something I would never expect Stan to wear, but a welcoming sight anyway.

"You're staring again," He teased, flicking his eyes towards me and giving me a grin. 

I huffed in amusement and hopped off the bed, swinging the door open. "Race ya?"

He darted past me. "Whoever wins gets the biggest pancake!"

I smiled and jumped down with an 'oof'. I spin on my heels and smile smugly as Stan slid down the rail, narrowing his eyes when he spotted me.

"Shouldn't that be considered cheating?" He asked, folding his arms.

"Well no, but if it bothers you that much, you can have the beloved pancake," I giggle.

"But it's obviously important enough for you to cheat over," He pouted.

"Staaaaaan," I whined. "Don't make me feel bad."

"Oh but I'm gonna," He murmured.

"Fine fine fine fine, you can have the pancake and you can't argue about it. And you can't make me feel worse about cheating."

"If you want, I can do something to make you feel less bad," He gave me a suggestive wink.

"You've been hanging out with Richie too much," I sigh, shaking my head.

He grinned from ear to ear, gave me a small kiss on the cheek, and walked into the kitchen quickly. I heard him greet my mother and say something to Richie. 

I felt my face heat up, and I shook my head before following him.

We were goofing off in the living room, reading one of my mom's weird novels (a romantic novel, nonetheless. But it was hilarious to see Stan's face when it was his turn to read), when around 4, the phone rang.

"I'll get it," I wheezed, struggling to get up from laughing to hard. I stumble to the phone and giggling into it, "Hello?"

"Y/N? I-I-I ne-need y-y-y-you guys t-to c-come over.. some-something h-h-happened." I stood up straight, my good mood vanishing immediately. It was clear Bill had been crying, and as I tried to ask him what happened, he just let out a sob and told me to bring Stan and Richie.

I hung up and ran into the living room, nearly falling while doing so. "Guys-" I hoped the urgency in my voice would make them listen. 

Stan turned to me instantly, his eyes wide, while Richie frowned and raised an eyebrow. "That was Bill. He said we needed to come over- something's happened."

"What? In this weather?" Richie complained. "We'll be part fish by the time we get there."

"Richie," Stan said quietly yet firmly. "I don't think Bill would tell us to come over in weather like this if it wasn't an emergency. Did he say what was wrong?" He turned his attention to me at the last part.

I shook my head, biting my lip. Richie huffed. "No, of course not, because why would he?"

"Richie, just shut the fuck up," Stan and I said in unison.

I run upstairs to change, grabbing a jacket and shoes before walking back downstairs. Richie had his jacket and was staring outside, while Stan stood there with his arms folded.

"Stan, don't you need-" I began worriedly, but was cut off by him.

"It doesn't matter. I don't care if I get a little wet, unlike someone." He turned an annoyed glare to Richie.

I gave him a small smile and opened the front door, blinking in surprise. I didn't expect the rain to be this heavy. Stan and Richie trailed after me as I lead the way to Bill's house- it was close enough to walk. When we neared, police cars and caution tape was everywhere, as well as people standing around. I saw Bill's parents talking to an officer, his mom's eyes teary. 

Stan grabbed my hand and muttered, "What the hell happened?"

I just shook my head and walked past everyone, eyeing the many people around. We didn't bother knocking on Bill's front door- we just walked in like we owned the place.

"Bill?" I called, taking my hood off and slinging some water off my sleeve. 

Bill stumbled downstairs, a grief-stricken look on his face. His eyes were red and puffy, and he wiped his face almost every 5 seconds. "H-h-hey g-g-g-g-guys.."

"Bill, what happened?" Stan asked gently. His normally curly hair was slick with rain.

"G-G-G-Georgie- h-h-he-" Bill squeezed his eyes shut as more tears streamed down his cheeks.

I let go of Stan's hand and wrapped Bill in a hug. He hugged me back tightly and sobbed into my shoulder. Stan and Richie both joined in as well- another Losers Club group hug. 

"I'm sure they'll find him," I comforted him quietly.

"L-L-Like they f-f-found B-B-B-Betty?" Bill asked shakily. His stutter had gotten worse because of the tragedy.

"They'll find them both," Stan promised, shooting Richie a glare as he opened his mouth.

Bill sobbed for a long time while Richie, Stan, and I comforted him. I have no idea when Eddie got there- he just slipped in quietly and casually joined in the hug. By now we were all sitting on the floor while Bill cried. I was surprised when a few tears fell from my eyes as well- I didn't know Georgie personally, I had only met him once or twice, but he still didn't deserve this.

Stan was the first to speak after a while. "We'll stay tonight, if you want."

Bill just stared ahead, unresponsive.

not very much to edit in this chapter

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022